+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Making new friends mum of 2 under 3

Hi guys
    Just wondering what u guys do with 2 young kids . I have moved to a new area and don't have many friends or family nearby . I have a son that's 2yo and a 6 week old girl and am starting to feel isloated as most of my friends work . So just wondering what u guys do everyday especially in winter and how to make new friends with young kids im from Melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could try activities like kindergym or gymbaroo or playgroup great ways to meet mums

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing for ideas! I'm in Sydney, I've 2 school age kids and 1 toddler (13 months). My youngest was a surprise and out of step with all my friends so it's pretty weird and different this time without that social network. Mothers group was good, falling apart now but there are a couple I still see. Did you join a mothers group? I'm planning on giving playgroup another whirl now that bub is down to 1 nap but it's pretty hard in the first year I think as playgroup is usually in the morning. But maybe you could give that a go while your bub is so young as to nap wherever??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved to a new area when my oldest was just 6 months old where we knew no one and it was also out of town and all friends/family were at least 45 mins to an hour and a half away.

I joined a playgroup and now have some really great friends from there. We not only go to playgroup once a week but we catch up for morning tea another day each week as some mums went back to work and couldn't make playgroup.

I love it. Im now good friends with 2 of my neighbours and have a great group of local friends. I also love that all our kids will grow up together as they will go to school together (we live semi rural so only 1 school).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Cruizer  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the ideas guys . I might try a playgroup but as you said they are mostly in the mornings so not sure if il make it there on time ( getting both Kids and myself ready and out the door is quite an ordeal lol !)
    Most of the mother group girls are at work and are not close by as I have moved . It's hard. What's kinder gym like can you take baby long too ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which area are you from?

With my son we go swimming on Thursday. My dp has a day off so we go out for lunch after. Wednesdays we go to playgroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fgg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm from Western suburbs, deer park what about you ?