+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do I leave my partner?

I hope I've put this in the right area.
    Im after some advice on how to leave my partner. I know I want to leave & I know I'll be better off in the long run, but how do you leave?
    After 14 years together I have nothing, including no job. I left my job when I was 12 weeks pregnant after having previous m/c and have been home for the last 2 1/2 years.
    I don't know where to start?
    Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    I hope I've put this in the right area.
    Im after some advice on how to leave my partner. I know I want to leave & I know I'll be better off in the long run, but how do you leave?
    After 14 years together I have nothing, including no job. I left my job when I was 12 weeks pregnant after having previous m/c and have been home for the last 2 1/2 years.
    I don't know where to start?
    Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Hi Hun, first thing to do is contact Centrelink and child support, you'll be entitled to single parent pension, family tax and maybe rent assistance. Not sure what state you live in but there's a rental scene called NRAS that offers reduced price rentals for eligible people, eg single parents. Also make sure you have good support from family and friends. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi Gretchen..

Can I ask...
    Did you leave? ? Who actually said the words we are separating? ? hubby and I had the chat last night about how we never sirens anytime together? We don't enjoy each others activities, no s@x anymore.. We just never days any words last night though to confirm our status. But I know deep in my heart that I don't want to this relationship. ..On the flip side I'm scared about finance, growing old alon, juggling kids and work and scoop much mor. How have you been coping? ? mentally emotionally financially.. Any advice was on what to d.. How to do i.........,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Rreg, I've only just read your post. No I haven't left. I went into Centrelink to see what kind of assistance I could get, mainly with study or finding a job & they said I wouldn't need to because my kids are under 6 they also said because we have our own home I wouldn't get rent assistance or housing & I should apply for living under one roof allowance. I don't think that would work. Anyhow some times you've got to way these things up & see if it's not worth just putting up with things for a bit longer. I often wonder how many people, men & women stay in relationships because it's just easier for the time being. Hope things have worked out for you 3Rreg.