Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I dont think smoking in your work uniform is any worst look than stuffing your face with fatty food in your work uniform.

Both are pretty poor choice with bad health consequence yet it's everyone freedom to do so and corporations should have no say over it.
    I think we should have a say during work hours if they are representing our company , plus it's just a smelly habit that I believe puts a lot of people off ( this thread proves that) so if a client sees them smoking it may effect the way they view our business or if they get into a car that stinks like smoke it's not something that represents our company image

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I call bs on this.

Smoking can harm and kill bystanders.
    Eating fatty food does not.
    The OP was about doing so in your uniform. Not the impact on bystanders.

And being worried about this minuscule amount of secondhand smoking is a huge over kill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

delirium  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think we should have a say during work hours if they are representing our company , plus it's just a smelly habit that I believe puts a lot of people off ( this thread proves that) so if a client sees them smoking it may effect the way they view our business or if they get into a car that stinks like smoke it's not something that represents our company image
    Fair enough if Coles provides their employees with a smoking rest area away from customers sights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The OP was about doing so in your uniform. Not the impact on bystanders.

And being worried about this minuscule amount of secondhand smoking is a huge over kill.
    On next time I am sitting a hospital room with my child after a massive asthma attack because some drongo blow smoke in her face I will remember it's overkill to worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Unless your child never leaves the house for the rest of their life I guarantee you they are being subjected to way worse toxicity
    Even staying home. All the cheap furniture (IKEA anyone?!) is the worst in terms of chemical emissions.

I agree, people gets easily hysterical. And I purposely chose to compare smoking to eating fat foods as we are one of the fattest country in the world so we can hardly go all arm up in the air about smoking being so unhealthy.
    And don't get me started on our carbon emissions....!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2015),NancyBlackett  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually it is illegal to smoke in some place.

Our local hospital is really spread over a huge area. It is illegal to smoke anywhere including the car parks.
    The list of places you can't smoke is actually quite long.
    Yes but this was at the shops. The OP was commenting on the persons choice as they were wearing a uniform.

That in itself is not illegal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yes but this was at the shops. The OP was commenting on the persons choice as they were wearing a uniform.

That in itself is not illegal.
    Yes she also said she was just outside the door. So I was commenting on that part.
    I personally don't care that she was in uniform as I don't own that company. I don't think it's a great look.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 13-07-2015 at 10:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It stinks and it's a gross habit. But until it's altogether banned (which I'm actually for, bc smokers pay a fortune in tax to the govt but have no rights left) and she was the correct distance away on her break, she had a right to be there. In the year I've given up I think *honestly* I've walked through 2 smoke clouds for 5 secs.

If someone is blowing smoke in a child's face then that is completely out of order. But there is a big gap between that and an employee on their break having a fag metres away that you get a wiff of. When I've been to the big cities the smell and fumes never fails to shock me. Millions and millions of people live their lives in that. Every day. Yet people become so furious over a wiff of smoke? I think context is important here. If it was a parent sitting in their car smoking with kids in there with the windows up I'd be right there with you all in outrage.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (12-07-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2015),munchkin275  (13-07-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont think smoking in your work uniform is any worst look than stuffing your face with fatty food in your work uniform.

Both are pretty poor choice with bad health consequence yet it's everyone freedom to do so and corporations should have no say over it.
    I call bs on this.

Smoking can harm and kill bystanders.
    Eating fatty food does not.
    Yeah but Coles sell and profit from cigarettes so Coles could scarcely admonish a worker for being seen with something they sell, Unless she was not in a designated area.

That said, I am not a fan of smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wdyt

So we shouldn't worry about secondhand smoking being an issue because there's so many other things causing more harm...?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChelleBH For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (13-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-07-2015)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast