Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt

So the other day I was walking past a lady smoking and she was wearing a Coles uniform and it was literally right next to the shop so she had only just removed herself from the building.

I just wasn't sure what to make of it, was it appropriate? She was smoking in a work uniform. Now I know smoking isn't illegal so she wasn't technically doing anything wrong, but is it a good look for Coles? Was it appropriate or could she have hidden her workplace whole smoking?

As I said I'm not sure how I feel about it, I think I'm leaning towards having a problem with it but a tiny bit of me thinks it's unfair as she's not doing anything illegal or hurting anyone.

So WDYT? Do you have a problem with this or is she just another person having a cigarette?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It honestly wouldn't even register to me that she was doing anything wrong, I assume she was on a break and having a smoke in her own time.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (13-07-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (13-07-2015),delirium  (12-07-2015),monkeymama  (13-07-2015),Renn  (12-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not phased if someone is smoking in a work uniform but I would be annoyed if my kids and I had to walk through the smoke

Thanks
    Reviews
    It probably would have tbh. I walked past my local bakery a few months back early in the morning with DS. Every single worker was out the front smoking - probably 4 or 5 of them, right next to the doors. I thought it was disgusting - all the bakers smoking then going back inside to bake my bread. It has totally grossed me out so I have never gone back. I know it isn't illegal, but when it's food or health related I don't want to see people smoking or preparing my food after smoking. Yuck!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2015),LaDiDah  (12-07-2015),mrswhitehouse  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    agree with that meredithgrey! i somehow always think medical people would be above smoking lol.

anyone else, I really don't care and it prob wouldn't even register. I'd prob look twice if I saw a personal trainer smoking but otherwise, I don't care what people do in their spare time, work uniform or otherwise.

I'd be more bothered by the fact that it was being done in a place that the smoke could blow and bother others.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I was sitting in the car with the kids outside woolies one day while DF ducked in for things, and I watched an employee walk out- obviously on a short break- and sit down 20m away from the door and chain smoke 3 cigs and rush down 2 V energy drinks. As she got up to walk back inside, I actually realised I went to school with her.
    Is it a bad look for the company- yes. Do people usually give it a second glance? Probably not. If the company were really worried about it, I would imagine managers coming down hard on employees who do it, I would imagine it commonly being rehashed in their staff meetings, and I would hope that if they had the room to spare, the companies would set aside designated staff smoking areas- somewhere private so the patrons don't have to witness it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think she probably should have been more discreet and gone a little further from the building, or perhaps chucked a cardi on to cover the logo on her shirt. Let's be honest, it's not a good look.

I recall visiting a chemist recently and there was a uniformed fellow smoking right next to the front door. I thought he was a staff member of the chemist and I must say it didn't sit well with me, however, I got closer and realised he was an employee from the nearby Bunnings.

My views are those of a non-smoker for the record. Yep, I hate being exposed to passive smoke!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2015),mrswhitehouse  (12-07-2015)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    When I worked at Woolies employees did this all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Not a good look for a company. She could have easily put on a cardigan and walked a little further from the building.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2015),mrswhitehouse  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that the person was well within their right to smoke but I do admit it turns me off. I go to a local market every weekend. It is mostly organic foods. There is a stall that sells fresh pasta that they make right there at the stall. I have see the guy that makes the pasta standing right behind the tent smoking. It grossed me out. I doubt that they have the best hand washing facilities. I have never purchased pasta from them because I saw him smoking even tho I LOVE pasta..... So yeah I think workers should seriously consider the time and place they smoke. X

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast