+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Just starting our journey of finding someone to donate egg

Hi there, I'm Lauren from Sydney. We have tried IVF, and natural therapies for TTC for several years, and have just decided to find an egg donor. We are happy and healthy in late 40's. Have lots of friends with kids, I do lots of child minding, and would love nothing more than my own children. I am a nurse and my husband is a psychologist. I hope to meet new friends on here that have been in my situation and can offer help, hopefully find a donor, and then I can support others going through this challenging journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lauren!

I couldn't read and not respond..
    Wanted to wish you well in your search for a donor.
    There are a few different threads here on bubhub of those of us who have used DE.
    After researching all our options we decided to go to South Africa, Cape Town to be precise. We found the process , facilities and (obviously) the outcome fantastic! We are now almost 25 weeks pregnant with twins.
    Anywhoo... If I can answer any questions feel free to PM or pop over to one of the DE threads - you will find a wealth of knowledge and a bunch of ladies all willing to share their experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blinky,
    Thanks so much for your help, I will look the DE threads. That's so exciting for you having twins. We have heard about SA for DE. Is there someone here that helps get that started or must you contact place in SA first directly? Also not sure about stats or price there but I guess they tell us that when we investigate? Anway I will pop over to the other threads and maybe see you there too!! Thanks again!!
    Cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, blinky's suggestion is a great one. There is a lot of experience and good advice on the various egg donor threads.

We have a little girl through egg donation in SA. Best decision we ever made. Feel free to PM me also, if you have questions.

We'll be heading back to SA for bub number 2 next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mrs! Congratulations on your little girl, that's brilliant, and great you're going back again! Is there a particular clinic in SA that everyone is using? Are you allowed to tell me on here where/what it is?! Thanks this is all a bit new, trying to find my way around the forum is all a bit confusing as well!! Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most people go to Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town. There are other clinics but that's definitely the most commonly used clinic amongst ladies here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that I will start looking into it! Right now in fact!! haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know much about donor eggs. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why many ppl go oversea for DE rather than finding one in Australia? I guess mainly due to shortage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good question BB I'm not sure myself exactly but I think yes it's cause there not too many donors here. Maybe they get paid in other countries I've heard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it was that I could choose the donor rather than having to wait for someone to choose me. Egg donors cannot be anonymous here, but they are in SA. That wasn't a factor in our decision though.

SA is very affordable too, and we had a lovely holiday whilst doing the cycle.

In SA donors cannot be paid for their donations although they receive a set fee for their time and inconvenience. It's roughly $700.