+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you need to adjust your expectations.
    Asking anyone, especially a baby to go back to sleep after 11 hours sleep just because you don't want to get up is just selfish.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2015),Bond Girl  (10-08-2015),FearlessLeader  (10-08-2015),GlitterFarts  (10-08-2015),HeavenBlue  (10-08-2015),MummaCat  (10-08-2015),MummaOJ  (10-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (10-08-2015),yadot  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely get the idea that 6am is too early! I feel the same - luckily my DH gets up with my DD at 6am and lets me sleep. I think the idea of just letting your LO play in her cot for a little while if she is happy to do so. That way you can doze (or get up and have a coffee!).An 11 hour stretch overnight is fantastic at 6 months old, so I would be hesitant to change anything just to try to get her to sleep later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I'm going to be blunt here...your statement "I don't want to start a habit where she thinks it's ok to start the day while it's dark"...your baby doesn't "think" anything FFS's!! It's not like she's trying to manipulate you by deliberately waking up early!!

Her body has had enough sleep so she wakes up it's as simple as that!! This is what it means to be a parent/have a baby for God's sake!!

Just because you deem it too early to start your day is too damn bad...forcing her to go back to sleep like you are instead of doing your job @ getting up with her is sheer laziness and selfishness IMO.
    Why be so rude!?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrDrakeRamoray For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think this thread is offering the OP a bit of perspective and she will most likely adjust her expectations. It's unnecessary to be as blunt as some of you are being.

Enough said I reckon

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-08-2015),jb23  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrakeRamoray View Post
    Why be so rude!?
    It's not rude...it's calling a spade a shovel @ I did preface my post by saying I was going to be blunt.

Other posters may choose to sugar coat their replies even though the message they're sending is exactly the same on the whole...I choose to say it exactly how it is so there's no room for misunderstanding.

No doubt her LO thinks it's rude when instead of her mother coming to pick her up out of her bed @ start getting on with the day with her after a mammoth sleep she instead forces her back to sleep!!

That's what's rude @ uneccessary..not my honesty...Enough said😊
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-08-2015 at 12:51.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do agree in the scheme of things a baby waking 6am even though she's sleeping 11 hours every night is fantastic. I will gladly have my son (16 months) wake at that time if it meant sleeping through the night every night. My son still wakes up

But calling the OP selfish and lazy.. I don't know..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrDrakeRamoray For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-08-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrakeRamoray View Post
    I do agree in the scheme of things a baby waking 6am even though she's sleeping 11 hours every night is fantastic. I will gladly have my son (16 months) wake at that time if it meant sleeping through the night every night. My son still wakes up

But calling the OP selfish and lazy.. I don't know..
    Ok..Then what would you call it when the only reason OP won't get up @ attend to her child when she wakes after 11 hrs of sleep is because she thinks it's too early for her liking??

Re-read her updated post from this morning then tell me how you would describe her behaviour??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    11 hours!! Awesome effort .. I think it's very unfair to expect your baby to go back to sleep!! Unfortunately early starts are part of being a parent ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    11 hours!! Awesome effort .. I think it's very unfair to expect your baby to go back to sleep!! Unfortunately early starts are part of being a parent ..
    This exactly. ^^^
    5:30-6am is a totally normal time for a baby to start the day. Don't make her go back to sleep. Just go to bed earlier to cope with the early start. I go to bed at 9-9:30pm to compensate for the 5:30 starts and my 23 month old usually wakes 1-2 times in the night too. So I'd say you're winning!! It being dark makes no difference to her and there is every chance her sleeping patterns will naturally change many times over the next couple of years anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Ok..Then what would you call it when the only reason OP won't get up @ attend to her child when she wakes after 11 hrs of sleep is because she thinks it's too early for her liking??

Re-read her updated post from this morning then tell me how you would describe her behaviour??
    Ah ok... I did not read her new recent comment. I have now though.

So she's trying to get her baby back to sleep even though she's slept a full 11 hours and waking at 6:30/7am?!

Geez!!

I apologise. I agree with you.

Sorry OP but come on!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DrDrakeRamoray For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast