+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah my DD went through a crappy sleep phase at around 6mo, I think it's pretty normal. DS is a pretty decent sleeper but wakes at least 2 or 3 times a night. He's had a rough run with illnesses and feeding issues though so we just deal with it as best we can. It's tough when I'm up for the third time that night from 3:30-4:30am to feed & resettle him then DD is up and asking for breaky at 6!

I think parenting small children gives you a whole new appreciation for the magical wonders of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 15 month sleeps ( on a good night) 10-11 hours. He's usually asleep by 9pm and sleeps til 8 or 9 am. Could you possibly put him to bed an hour later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also is she crying when she wakes or happy to play/ talk in her cot for a bit? Sorry I haven't read everyone's responded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was a while ago so i hope things are sorted out now, but just thought I'd add something about the tired signs you see when your bubby wakes up...
    I read that tired signs straight after waking up can mean that bub has actually had a really good sleep and doesn't need any more! Like when you wake up from a deep sleep and you are groggy and yawny for a while before you feel alert.
    Sucks waking up early I know, maybe try giving her some toys to play with while you sip a nice hot coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't read all the replies...

If she wakes early (6am) would she play in her cot/room for an hour?

My son (16 months) will only sleep 10 hours (despite most people saying babies that age should be sleeping 12 hours overnight). If I put my son down at 7 he'll be up at 5 too! Back when he was younger I could bring him into bed with me at that time and he'd go back to sleep (sometimes after a bottle) for another two hours which was fine but not now so much.
    These days he's going to sleep late (9/10pm) and up at 8.

Anyway, I guess your little one has had enough sleep. The only thing you can really do is either accept it or try and get her to sleep longer but 11 hours (even though she is waking early, though to her she doesn't understand) is pretty good.
    Maybe try putting her to bed a bit layer?
    Give her a drink in her cot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bub also sleeps as well as this. When he wakes in the morning between 5 and 6 our day starts. I wouldn't expect him to go back to sleep after sleeping 11 hours. Considering he is sleeping through the night and having 2 good day sleeps he is getting enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it. Things are still the same, although some days she wakes at 6 or 6:30 so we just start our day at 7 irrespective after leaving her in her cot with her blanket lovey, sometimes I sit there with her & rub her back to get her back to sleep if it's too early to start our day. I don't want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it. Things are still the same, although some days she wakes at 6 or 6:30 so we just start our day at 7 irrespective after leaving her in her cot with her blanket lovey, sometimes I sit there with her & rub her back to get her back to sleep if it's too early to start our day. I don't get her up before 7 cause I don't want to start a habit where she thinks it's ok to start the day while it's still dark. She's got a cold at the moment so things are a bit messy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I'm going to be blunt here...your statement "I don't want to start a habit where she thinks it's ok to start the day while it's dark"...your baby doesn't "think" anything FFS's!! It's not like she's trying to manipulate you by deliberately waking up early!!

Her body has had enough sleep so she wakes up it's as simple as that!! This is what it means to be a parent/have a baby for God's sake!!

Just because you deem it too early to start your day is too damn bad...forcing her to go back to sleep like you are instead of doing your job @ getting up with her is sheer laziness and selfishness IMO.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-08-2015 at 08:00.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (10-08-2015),MummaCat  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    5:30/6 seems like a pretty standard start time for kids...If you are getting a straight night sleep that's awesome. I'd be up with a spring in my step if I got 8 hours straight. You won the lotto with sleeping babies!
    Last edited by Acadaca; 10-08-2015 at 07:22.