+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a very cold time of the morning so make sure she is warm enough. Do you have a heater that keeps the room a steady temp?

Is the room nice and dark? Could she be waking cos the sunlight starts to creep in? Maybe try covering the windows.

What time is her first sleep of the day? I have been told that this can play a big part in early rising.

Good luck. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your response, it seems to be genuine hunger not cold as she's in a singlet, onesie, grobag (2.5 tog) and 2 blankets & doesn't feel cold to touch, except her hands cause she sleeps with them outside the blankets!! Her room's nice & dark so it's not that either. After 11 hrs, it's genuine hunger & probably that she feels like she's been asleep for long enough & therefore wants to start her day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you think she'dfeed & go back to sleep if you woke her earlier for a feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    In light of all the sleeps she's having in the day, it sounds like she's waking up because she's had enough sleep for the night IMO.

I think it's a bit unreasonable at that age (actually, at any age as a baby/infant especially a newborn!!) after 11 hours to expect her to go back to sleep for another hour because you don't want to get up. Who does?? LOL!! You could try cutting back on one of her sleeps in the day or cutting the time she's asleep when she has them, but really, you might just have to suck it up!!!

My DD since that age has slept for 11 hrs and wakes 6-6.30am (with the odd 5.30am in there as well) and that's just how it is and when our day starts.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-07-2015 at 19:15.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (12-07-2015),KillerHeels  (12-07-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-07-2015),Molros  (10-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-07-2015),yadot  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our son was like this. It was his body clock. Now he is older (2) he will just lie quickly until we get him up at 6.15. We tried EVERYTHING. It sucks but in the end we just went with it. I remember some days it was before 5am and it felt like murder! He was still up 3 times a night too.

BABIES ARE CRAZY SLEEP IS AWESOME

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like she has had enough sleep. Both of mine wake any time from 5.30am to 7am depending on when they are ready. When my 10 month old wakes he gets a nappy change bottle then play before his first nap at around 9am

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 month old sleeps 11 hrs but then won't go back to sleep even when tired

If her hands get cold could u sneak once she is asleep at night and put some socks on her hands?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all, yes I might have to deal with it. It's a little unusual for her though because it's a new occurrence, hence my attempt to revert to her previously happy, settling self!!

Thank you all, I appreciate your responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This might sound counter-intuitive but maybe try putting her down for the night half an hour earlier - around 6:30. I know it doesn't make sense but sometimes it works. Worth a try!

Otherwise, can you do a dream feed before you go to bed and see if that gives you a little more sleep in the mornings?

My DD has always woken around 6am, she's almost 4 and it's just the way she has always been. I'm ok with it, it suits us. My DS tends to sleep later (11mo) and honestly I'd prefer if he regularly woke at the same time as his sister, it would make mornings easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those suggestions. Her body clock seems to resist an earlier bedtime but I'll keep trying as she's so tired, she was just feral today & woke really unhappy from her naps. Think there's teething & separation anxiety happening too which makes it tricky. Think I'll need to stay with her when resettling instead of coming & going as I e been successfully doing until now as she seems to respond better to this.