+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has your cycle changed since an early miscarriage

Hi everyone... A bit if a TMI question but google hasn't really helped me.

I had an early miscarriage back in April and have had 2 natural AF. I have noticed that when I get EWCM it's dark brown like old blood, it's happened three times now.

Also when AF does arrive I normally have 1 day light flow, 2 days heavy flow and 1 day light flow... Since I was a teenager. The heavy flow days for quite bad after my second pregnancy.

Now I spot for 1-2days have a medium flow for 3 days and then spit for another 2-3 days. The spotting is dark brown and The medium flow days are defiantly not as heavy as before with a little pain, not enough to take pain killers for where as before I would need to take nutofen for at least 2 days

I was just wondering if any one found this happened after a miscarriage... Or that their cycle feels is different. I'm definitely not complaining about not feeling as much pain and everything I read is that retained product would see me with more pain and heavier bleeding...

But I don't understand why my ewcm would be brown...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a little bump....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I saw your question earlier but didn't respond but I'm not the best example of 'normal'! I had a miscarriage in August last year and had a d&c. When AF arrived it was preceded by four days of spotting, followed by a normal period. I'd never had that before. I got pregnant again the next cycle and that unfortunately ended in a stillbirth (hence why I didn't respond initially). Since then I've had two 'normal' cycles that have been different, with spotting leading up to AF. Not sure what it all means! Did you mc naturally, or have a d&c?

Also, re the brown ewcm, some people bleed at ovulation. Could it be that?