+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to stay on track with the OP - We are expecting our second soon and I am done. Im sure DH would love to squeeze a 3rd out of me but its not happening. I waited 5 years to feel comfortable being able to handle newborn-hood again, I have realised there is no way I could cope with a toddler and newborn and there is no way Im going through another pregnancy in 5 years time.

2 is our number. I can't think of any 'cons' for stopping at 2 for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 and love it. I've always wanted to be a mum. We will go back for 1 more one day. I have friends that have 2 and find it hard. We are all different and we all need to cope and be happy. Yes it's loud and I can never catch up on washing but I think 1 child can be hard too. Give it some time and you will know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to family6 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all your replies It's really got me thinking...
    I said to someone the other day when they asked if I was going to have a third, if I had bigger house, car and more money." and they replied saying it wasn't a very good reason...but I think it is? I love love babies but we still have another 3 years before we will be in a position where money wasn't an issue, but by then I think it might be too big of a gap

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 are close together in age but if we go back for number 5 we will leave a 4, 5 year gap. I've just turned 31 so I have time on my side too. But we need to be able to support all these kids so that's way wont rush into anything. Personally I don't think age gapes matter. For me I've noticed it's personalities that clash/get along not age. Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to family6 For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by family6 View Post
    My 4 are close together in age but if we go back for number 5 we will leave a 4, 5 year gap. I've just turned 31 so I have time on my side too. But we need to be able to support all these kids so that's way wont rush into anything. Personally I don't think age gapes matter. For me I've noticed it's personalities that clash/get along not age. Good luck
    That I very true! I never go along with my twin yet was fine with my other sisters and brother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I knew the moment I had our 2nd I wasn't done. It's now just about deciding when to have the next one

Thanks
    Reviews
    After having DS1, i never had that "feeling" of wanting more. I suffered terrible HG (severe morning sickness) and that scared me quite alot from ever wanting to go back.
    When DS1 turned 2 years, hubby was desperate for another but i wasnt, however knowing Ivf can be a long process, i knew it wasnt going to happen straight away so we set up for a frozen embryo transfer...
    But we found out i was already pregnant naturally. I KNEW i was done.....but when DS2 was 3 months old i found out i was pregnant with number 3. I went through that whole pregnancy scared and very disconnected from it. I did not want 3 children. To this day, i still cope flack from my co workers of how i went on materinty leave and came back to work only few months before giving birth again.

Ive always been asked if i would ever go back for another and my answer was "hell no, im done". Our house is not big enough for anymore kids and both hubby's and my car are not big enough either. Financially i have to stay in my job and im not even sure if i could even squeeze another child into daycare .... spots are full.
    Most days im drained and exhausted from work and the upkeep of the house and adding 3 kids fighting and arguing in with that can sometimes be very challenging and stressful.....But theres no way in hell i would ever change it. I could never imagine life without 3 kids.

NOW, just recently ive been thinking of a 4th...regardless of the above mentioned. I've now got this feeling of Not being done!!!!
    I was upset when i got a negative HPT today, where as months/years ago i would have been thrilled. Im not sure if these feelings are due to many family members around me pregnant at the moment...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two,
    I don't feel 'done' but I know emotionally at this stage two is my limit

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I'm a little sad that I'll never have a daughter (having had two boys), I'm also sure that two is the right number for us. So no, I don't have regrets, but rather just the odd wistful thought.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (12-11-2015)