+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennaisme, did you take any medication/supplements or anything differently for your 2 successful pregnancies?
    @melimum, I wish you luck! Big hugs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cuky For This Useful Post:

Jennaisme  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Between my 2nd and 3rd child I had 2 m/c and an ectopic. One m/c and the EP was just 'bad luck' according to the med pros. My 2nd m/c was from too thin of a lining from 6 months of clomid.

I'm holding my 3rd child as I type one handed now Healthy and born a good size. There is hope

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

cuky  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't answer any of the more in depth questions but my mum had multiple m/c between each of her successful pregnancies. She fell easily but didn't hold on to them unfortunely. She has 5 kids (last one was a surprise).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

cuky  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cuky View Post
    @Jennaisme, did you take any medication/supplements or anything differently for your 2 successful pregnancies?
    @melimum, I wish you luck! Big hugs!
    Sorry, I meant to quote not thank that post. Oops.

I didn't take anything. I couldn't even get the pregnancy vitamins or folic acid tablets down. It was basically just a case of wait and see and hope for the best. As they didn't know why I kept having m/c then they couldn't really give me anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is hope, I had 2 early mc then had Dougie who is almost 4 now. Sometimes we don't get a reason for a mc happening just make sure you're taking pre-Natal vitamins and folic acid to give you and future pregnancies an extra helping hand.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustBoys For This Useful Post:

cuky  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely there is hope! But it's hard to see the light when so deep in heartbreak .

I have had 3 recurring miscarriages after my DS. First 2 at 8 weeks but when did a scan before the miscarriages and measured at 5 weeks, and 3rd at 7 weeks but didn't get a scan before the miscarriage. I also had a chemical pregnancy after that. This was over a year and a half period.

I am currently pregnant now at 16 weeks.

After the 3rd miscarriage they did full blood tests to check blood clotting, immune factors, and all the normal bloods. Also did ultrasounds to rule out problems with the uterus, ovaries etc.

In the end there was nothing they could find. I was prescribed progesterone and I also went to an acupuncturist where I went weekly for 3 months before trying again and also was on Chinese herbs.

I also had a feeling that maybe I couldn't carry girls, so I changed the way we DTD following the shuttles method.

No idea what worked! For the 3rd miscarriage I was seeing a different acupuncturist but wasn't as thorough as my current acupuncturist.

Sending lots of positive vibes for you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

cuky  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started taking chinese herbs...
    First appmt with FS done.. have to do a bunch of blood tests to check for all the possible reasons ... (9 vials) and some tests for dh as well.
    She is suggesting cycle monitoring with Ovulation induction (OI) for starters...
    But I'm apprehensive about OI as I do know that I ovulate on my own.. [have been monitoring ovulation with opks and bbt for a long time now] .. albeit a bit later in the cycle and have managed to fall pregnant twice on Metformin but have difficulty in sustaining a pregnancy...
    Not sure how OI will be helpful over ovulating on my own. Any thoughts ladies?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cuky For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recurrent miscarriage - is there hope?

Edited to add that I just saw your most recent post. I wrote all this out before I saw it 😁

I'm so sorry for your losses

I have had 5 pregnancies. 2 chemical pregnancies, 2 missed miscarriage at 6 weeks and my most recent 3 weeks ago at 9 weeks and my one gorgeous take home baby girl who is now 2.

My first missed miscarriage was in Feb 2012. I had a chemical pregnancy not long after. In May of that year I was diagnosed with a thyroid autoimmune disease called Hashimotos Thyroiditis and put on Thyroxine. I also have low progesterone so when I fell pregnant with my daughter in September of the same year I was put on progesterone support until 12 weeks. I was also on folic acid and baby aspirin. 3 months prior I was seeing a naturopath that had me on herbs, zinc and vitamin D. I was also on Clomid as I have low AMH.

We started trying again for our second in April of this year and were fortunate enough to fall first go but it ended in a chemical pregnancy with AF making her appearance a week after my positive FRER. I fell again in May but I was really really sick every day through my short pregnancy and I knew in my heart something was wrong. We found out at our first scan where baby should have been 9 + 5 that I was measuring 9 weeks and a heartbeat could not be detected. My naturopath and GP feel that this is far too many losses now and we have just started the testing processes.

My thyroid readings were too high post D & C and I'm certain that low progesterone played a part in the loss of this baby but I won't know for sure until I get the results back. Now I don't know your medical history and it is very possible that there may be nothing medically wrong with you but when I was loosing babies, this is what I wish someone had told me so I'm sharing my knowledge with you. If you feel something medically may be wrong, this is where I would start, first and foremost. Ask your GP for a referral for the following:

1. Thyroid antibodies (very important!) Untreated Hashimotos causes miscarriages. That's fact.
    2. TSH, free T3 and free T4 (Thyroid function testing. Depending on those results you may need to get a reading for Reverse T3)
    3. Have your sex hormones tested at 7DPO. This includes estradiol, testosterone and progesterone. Progesterone is very important. Not enough of it, and a baby can not develop.
    4. MTHFR gene. This one isn't covered by Medicare ($60) but highly worth doing. It is a cause of recurrent miscarriages and the first test that an obstetrician will run if you suffer from recurrent miscarriages. GP's aren't as clued in as yet but if you ask, I'm fairly sure a good GP wouldn't deny you. Dependant on the result of that test, you wild need further testing on active folate and ferritin.

Those are the most important for now. I know it sounds like a lot but if you can eliminate all of those, then at least you would know 😊
    If you tested positive to any of those, then at least you know and it can be treated.

I had 8 vials of blood taken today to eliminate things like leaky gut syndrome and adrenal fatigue but it's better to know than not know. To prepare my body for the next pregnancy (I'm not allowed to try for 3 months) I've gone gluten free and sugar free and I already feel SO much better. Obviously I'm not saying you need to do these things but I think that doing those 4 tests above, will give you a much clearer picture of its your body, or if it's just one of those things. I don't believe for a second though that recurrent miscarriages are just one of those things.

Best of luck and if you want any further information (I'm a wealth of knowledge on illness and miscarriages) please feel free to pm me x
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 20-07-2015 at 15:31.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

cuky  (20-07-2015),lyj0501  (27-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great post ^^ Nothing further to add here, good luck ladies xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (20-07-2015)