+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I did speak to his teacher but honestly, she's lovely but so out of her depth. She's struggling with the class in general (I swear he's got the worse 3/4 class in the school in terms of bad behaviour) and she really didn't seem to have any ideas. I will go back and try again with her and then float the idea of taking it further if she feels it will help. The school has acknowledged that for some reason this year they are having issues with child behaviour in general. She did say that he seems to be seeking acceptance from kids to be able to play but that's about all she had to offer.

Did you do the GP mental plan to access the 5 medicare sessions? I've spoken to DS about it and he's not freaked out although he doesn't really want anyone knowing which I understand. I think he is anxious, he's never been a great sleeper, sleeps on the edge of the bed to keep an eye on whats under the bed, lights on everywhere he goes. I think it would be beneficial for him too.
    Oh you are so speaking my language and this sounds so familiar. My DD had one teacher for term one who was brilliant but then went on maternity leave and while her replacement has been teaching for years and years and is lovely, she just isn't switched on to kids and their individual needs and DD is bright, seemingly happy etc... to the casual observer but OMG her anxiety is exhausting her her and for us - it breaks my heart to see it but as I said, it is improving.

Yes I did do the medicare thing but I'm rural so it meant our closest psych is one who comes to our school every fortnight and then it turned out that seeing her as the school psych was free, we just needed a referral from a teacher which we got.

DD really likes the psych which helps.

It's such a tricky road to navigate, so you have all my empathy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (10-07-2015)