+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went when I was 27 weeks pregnant and had no problems! If anything I found the locals to be a lot more courteous and helpful to my needs over there than here in Australia!
    We always ate at places lots of tourists went to and never had any issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No I wouldn't. Just because last time I went I got horrible Bali belly despite being very careful with everything.

It was my 3d time in Bali and first time with food poisoning though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would u go to Bali pregnant

No I wouldn't. But I wouldn't travel overseas while pregnant in general.

Pregnancy has been particularly hard on my body, so the last thing I would want to do is sit on a flight for hours.

The first trimester is also generally the worst for morning sickness (if you get it), so that would be enough of a turn off for me.
    Last edited by bigmummahen; 11-07-2015 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sure a holiday is a holiday. But I wouldn't travel OS after 24 wks in case of a preterm birth.

I was in India and the UAE for the early part (5-9wks) of my current pregnancy. I ate everything - street food, fancy food, market food etc and it was all bloody delicious

Drool....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't go even whilst not pregnant. The idea of food poisoning at any time isn't appealing, not is visiting the place a friend from high school was killed.

But I generally think it's not safe food and hygiene wise so I wouldn't ever recommend a friend or family member go while pregnant.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't. I've flown a few times when pregnant and oh my gosh it was only a 2 hour domestic flight but it was a nightmare - I threw up the entire time and thought I would pass out. There's no way I'd risk going on a longer flight.

Plus, I'd be too wary of food poisoning.

Years and years ago I cancelled a holiday to Bali for similar reasons (not pregnancy, but other health reasons) and I never regretted it. We went to the Whitsundays instead and had an amazing time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @slipper there is plenty of good and clean food in bali but definitely avoid eating any food from street hawkers. Although if you are feeling anxious and won't enjoy the holiday, maybe it's not the best time to go? The morning sickness is my other worry. 6 hour flight with bad morning sickness isn't fun at all.