+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would u go to Bali pregnant

Im super confused.. We are booked to go to Bali in 2 weeks for a week and I just found out im pregnant.. So only 4 weeks along..
    Would u still go? Im so scared if I got sick I would lose the baby.. Help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went when I was about 8 weeks. I was worried (I had never been before and it's not my ideal choice of destination) but was a bridesmaid for my friend so had to. I was just super careful with hygiene and only ate boring foods that I felt sure were ok.

I didn't get sick - nor did anyone else (and they all are super fun and adventurous foods).

Best wishes & Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would still go. I tend to have stomach problem with developing country, though. Just be extremely careful what u eat. I would avoid ices. Water bottle only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We booked our honeymoon to thailand and then 4 weeks later found out i was pregnant. We couldn't cancel without losing all the money we paid. We just made sure we had the right travel insurance for pregnancy as well. I avoided all street food and drinks. I only drank bottled water, cans of soft drink and ate food from hotels or restaurants. Avoid all ice as you don't know if the water used to make it is pure. Wash your hands frequently and when you brush your teeth rinse with bottled water. I never got sick by following that. I was 18 weeks when we went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would still go I went to Thailand as soon as my morning sickness eased up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, but the I wouldn't go to Bali not pregnant!

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2015),believa  (10-07-2015),bella25  (10-07-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2015),Lauzy  (10-07-2015),mrswhitehouse  (11-07-2015),SuperGranny  (11-07-2015),Tamtam  (11-07-2015),waterlily  (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    No, but the I wouldn't go to Bali not pregnant!
    Yep! I agree with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go but do the following to minimise your risk of illness:

Drink only bottled water
    Ask for all drinks without ice or only drink from bottles that you have opened.
    Avoid salads, uncooked veggies and fruits where you eat the skin (eg strawberry). You don't know if they've been washed or grown in dirty water.
    Don't put your head under water when swimming - you don't know how clean the pool or beach water is. Don't swallow shower water.
    Use bottled water to clean teeth.
    Carry hand sanitiser and use it regularly.
    Eat only at restaurants or hotels where you can be sure the food has been properly prepared and refrigerated.
    Get good travel insurance and familiarise yourself with medical facilities near where you will be staying in case of emergency.

I'm sure you will have a really good time! Enjoy one last child free holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went at 23 weeks and it was mostly fine. I did get Bali belly despite being super careful, but it didn't impact the pregnancy at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would u go to Bali pregnant

No way not me. I've had Bali belly there and if something happens like bleeding or not feeling bub move it would be the worst place to be. Waiting till after bub is born and has vaccines isn't that long.