+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abdominal wall endometrioma

Has anyone had any experience with this?
    I have a painful lump under my c section scar and dr is pretty sure it's endometriosis.
    My last c section was almost 5 years ago. It's very painful during ovulation and when I have my period. I have had an ultrasound and the report also suggested a endometrioma but won't rule out a growth or tumour etc.

If anyone has had this, did you have it removed? Biopsy first or just removed.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi tiredmummy, sounds very painful for you. I have endometriosis and I am going for surgery this Saturday to get it removed for the second time in two years. I have not had children so it's not associated with a scar like yours seems to be. But how can your Dr be sure it is endo? If I were you I would be pursuing some further investigation and surgery. They might suggest a laparoscopy which can be both diagnostic and therapeutic. Best to get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a referral to see a gyno and have some further testing probably a ct and biopsy first but going by the symptoms I have being its only very painful during ovulation and period they think that is what it is. It's a little tender to touch at other times but no where near as bad. I thought it may have been a left over stitch that didn't dissolve properly as sometimes I get a pricking sensation and may be infected but dr said of have other symptoms like redness and warmth and possible weeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredmummyof4 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with this?
    I have a painful lump under my c section scar and dr is pretty sure it's endometriosis.
    My last c section was almost 5 years ago. It's very painful during ovulation and when I have my period. I have had an ultrasound and the report also suggested a endometrioma but won't rule out a growth or tumour etc.

If anyone has had this, did you have it removed? Biopsy first or just removed.

TIA
    Hello a close friend of mine had this. At first she just has the endo clean out (lol sorry I forgot what the name of it's called). That didn't work and she just had her hysterocmy. Her kids are teens now so she didn't mind and her periods were so heavy she was bleeding at work soaking pads and down her legs!

Fx it's not a tumour I wish you the best

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

tiredmummyof4  (09-07-2015)