+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same and also include play dates into that too! Even more laughable that I'm a teacher - I look after other people's kids (20-30 of them at once!) all day! But give me one extra child in my own home and I'm just waiting for it to be over.

I'm worse when DD is having a sleepover at someone else's house though, so I try to have them here as it's the lesser of two stresses.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I have just realised that I cannot stand it when my DD (who is 6) has friends sleep over.

In my mind it should be easy because there best friend is there to have a big play, they can entertain each other, but in reality, its stressful! They fight and make up in the same sentence, they are constantly looking for something to do, Miss 4 y/o spends half the time melting down about something they are doing, they go from one activity to another without actually finishing anything, they want food continuously, they make up games that have no real rules and then spend the whole time barking orders at each other about what the rules are and finally, they dont ever seem to want to go to bed!

Aarrrrgggghhhhhhh. Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks its more hassle than its worth.
    Well that's my cup of fear sorted for the day, thanks

I really hope my 5mth old DD is a tomboy.
    Give me boys any day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love love love that a teacher feels the same way! Makes me feel way less guilty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dss had a sleep over for his birthday last year with a friend and it was crap, dss is used to being quiet at night/in the morning not to wake the baby but his friend was like a foghorn haha, in the end I put on a movie and told them they had to lay down and be quiet and try to sleep (they were camping in the loungeroom). We haven't instigated anymore yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (09-07-2015)