Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmatobe2015 View Post
    Well I have certainly learned my lesson and will not turn to the internet community for advice. Thank you at least to those who were sensitive in their responses and did not attack me calling me a Monster-in-Law and a troll. I have never demanded anything from my children and only want to give them my time and love. I am sorry for your generation and I hope that your children will treat you better.
    I didnt say you WERE the Monster-In-Law i said that i dont think you want to be. There is a difference.

You post about putting your DIL in her place about not coming between your son and yourself and then wonder why you are now having problems?
    Cmon seriously? Given your responses you have no desire to change your attitude and work on the best possible relationship with your son and his little family. You seem to be insisting on being the matriarch of his family. And im sorry but that isnt going to happen.
    You need to start showing respect to your son by respecting his little family REGARDLESS of your personal feelings. Otherwise you will lose what you hold most dear. Sad but true. In the end you reap what you sow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (08-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you sure you're not my mother in law?

I think you need to realise you are not the 'first lady' in your son's life anymore. He married the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with - and that is not you.

Yes you may have washed his undies for 40 years, but, just as my MIL took offence to not being able to do those things for her son anymore, your DIL does that stuff now.

Want to know how to be a great MIL?

Love your DIL as if she were your own daughter. Don't come up with silly ideas how she is brain washing your son.

Support them, don't take over when you visit. If they ask you for their version of help, then help the way they want you to, not the way you think is best.

I'm honestly warning you, you WILL lose your son and grandchildren if you don't.

It has nothing to do with 'I hope your children treat you better than you do your parents/In laws'.

You know what? I WILL be a better mother in law, coz I will love my daughter in laws and get to know them and develop common interests with them and support them - unlike what my MIL does with me, and by the sounds of things, your DIL would probably say the same.

Please be nice, good luck

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

delirium  (08-07-2015),LlamaMa  (08-07-2015),Nemmi1987  (08-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made it very clear that she would not come between me and my son

As a single mum to only sons I say this in the nicest way possible here
    I think you need to cut your cord, he's a grown adult about to start his family and by the sound of it they HAVE accomidated you,

I wouldnt want someone in my space for weeks on end either and I feel sorry for your DIL, you have a 'poor me, my son has been stolen by his wifey' attitude

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

MaximumStarlight  (09-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    You know what? I WILL be a better mother in law, coz I will love my daughter in laws and get to know them and develop common interests with them and support them - unlike what my MIL does with me, and by the sounds of things, your DIL would probably say the same.

Yes. I'm going to accept my son has a wife now and competing with her is both redundant and creepy. He should choose his wife over me! Sure it's going to hurt. But I would rather my sons marry, start a family and me be involved in a healthy way than them marry, start a family and cast me aside bc I'm a PITA.

I've made a decision long ago I'm not going to be 'that' MIL.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

misho  (09-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I the only one whose never heard of a mother in law suite??

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (08-07-2015),delirium  (09-07-2015),GlitterFarts  (08-07-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (08-07-2015),smallpotatoes  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    OMG I found the thread on another forum and have just read it. So many details match up it actually could be the DIL posting.

I can't breach forum rules and post it here though.

Mods - delete this post or let me know if I have breached any bubhub rules by posting this.
    I just flagged this for the mods

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so curious. Damn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    OMG I found the thread on another forum and have just read it. So many details match up it actually could be the DIL posting.

I can't breach forum rules and post it here though.

Mods - delete this post or let me know if I have breached any bubhub rules by posting this.

Doesn't mean you can't inbox it to me, and I will share it with Jenna too

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Jennaisme  (08-07-2015),Nemmi1987  (08-07-2015),Phony  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Am I the only one whose never heard of a mother in law suite??
    Granny flat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Wow. Just read through the whole thread and agree with the sentiments of pretty much everyone else.
    I really hope OP realises that what's she's doing/done is likely the reason her son and DIL have been distant. No new parent needs that added stress - no newlywed needs it for that matter! Please take a step back before they remove that stress from their lives completely.