Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I really don't understand what sort of answer you were looking for.

The Internet is a great place for support and a great place to see if you are being reasonable or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to be serious - you are just so honest - we use the word "troll" online when it could be someone who is just making up a story to cause conflict.

It is only because you are just so honest! Seriously, if you love someone set them free. Set your son and his family free and give them space. It is their family now. They will return! They will need their own time figuring out their baby in their life. They will ask for help if they need it.

I'm hoping it does work out for you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

kiwimum890  (08-07-2015),Nemmi1987  (08-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmatobe2015 View Post
    Well I have certainly learned my lesson and will not turn to the internet community for advice. Thank you at least to those who were sensitive in their responses and did not attack me calling me a Monster-in-Law and a troll. I have never demanded anything from my children and only want to give them my time and love. I am sorry for your generation and I hope that your children will treat you better.
    Actually I put a lot of thought into my response which I hope you will read. We have had a lot of ingenuine posts on Bubhub recently so people are a little suspicious in general.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

kiwimum890  (08-07-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-07-2015),LlamaMa  (08-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So you live in a different state.... they bought a house specifically with a suite for you.... and you're complaining??? Really?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (08-07-2015),Cardi  (08-07-2015),LlamaMa  (08-07-2015),Nemmi1987  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you feel if you put yourself in her shoes? She's met the love of her life, married him, is expecting her first baby, agreed to or made sure there was enough space in the house so you can visit and stay without infringing on their privacy, and yet you assert yourself to her when she's a newlywed and now again when she's expecting. Your son is 40, not 4. Yes you have raised him but you need to understand the ever changing dynamic - he's not your child anymore, he's a grown man with his own family. Just try to see it from another perspective.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MaximumStarlight For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe not a troll, this is what my mother expects of my sister in laws and she expected a lot more with me being her daughter. Needless to say she is a part of my sons life but not in the capacity she expects or demands.

OP I think you need to back off a lot with this baby, by all means visit but maybe till they are settled stay in a hotel so they can breathe and get a handle on living with a new born. The more advice you give without being asked will drive any new mother up the wall when they are stressed enough as it is. This is how a family grows and while you are still a part of it, your a grown adult so you don't need constant care at the moment. They will now be a family of three and you need to accept that you are still your sons mother but you are not part of his inner family. That's sounds harsh, I hope you understand what I mean.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    A reminder that if any member suspects another member of being dishonest that they please report posts or get in touch with a mod to discuss further.
    Out and out calling others trolls in threads is not tolerated and can end up with you receiving a warning or an infraction.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yikes!
    Yeah I feel a bit sorry for the OP.
    But if you can't get with their way of doing things then you will be cut out.
    It's mutual respect.
    Your feelings on the matter don't trump theirs.
    Meet half way.
    Contact them with a fresh approach.
    ASK what they would like of you int he next few months and when the baby is due and LISTEN to what is being said.
    If they can trust you won't run away with yourself and overstay a welcome, then I'm sure they would LOVE to have you in their child's life.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (08-07-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2015),Wise Enough  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Yikes!
    Yeah I feel a bit sorry for the OP.
    But if you can't get with their way of doing things then you will be cut out.
    It's mutual respect.
    Your feelings on the matter don't trump theirs.
    Meet half way.
    Contact them with a fresh approach.
    ASK what they would like of you int he next few months and when the baby is due and LISTEN to what is being said.
    If they can trust you won't run away with yourself and overstay a welcome, then I'm sure they would LOVE to have you in their child's life.
    This except their opinion does always trump yours in their and their child's life.

As a mum it our job to raise them to be great independent people. Your done that. Give yourself a pat on the back and allow them to do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmatobe2015 View Post
    I hope that your children will treat you better.
    I really think you need to change your attitude towards them otherwise you wont be allowed to be a part of their lives. They aren't treating you bad, they bought a suite to stay in! You stay longer then any other family member would stay in my home. Just because they are prioritizing their precious little family doesnt mean they dont love you any less.

I wouldnt want this sort of pressure on my shoulders now or after my newborn arrives in two weeks. Im sure you wouldnt have wanted it either when you had your children.

Good luck OP.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (08-07-2015)