+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure my baby must have read this thread

Maybe its just luck or coincidence, and maybe he will never do it again...but he was up at 7:40 this morning - and went back down at 9:30 (the kids' nanna came to visit and take the toddler out, so we grabbed the pram and went for a coffee up the street). That was an hour and 10 minutes ago!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-07-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (10-07-2015),snowqu33n  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyChubbles View Post
    I'm sure my baby must have read this thread

Maybe its just luck or coincidence, and maybe he will never do it again...but he was up at 7:40 this morning - and went back down at 9:30 (the kids' nanna came to visit and take the toddler out, so we grabbed the pram and went for a coffee up the street). That was an hour and 10 minutes ago!
    2 hours might be the solution! Have you tried white noise too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    2 hours might be the solution! Have you tried white noise too?
    I didn't today, as my big kid was out with Nanna and i was flaked out in bed. But I've got the app ready to go on my phone and iPad. Both kids down for naps at 1pm - what am I doing here?? I should be napping too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I didn't today, as my big kid was out with Nanna and i was flaked out in bed. But I've got the app ready to go on my phone and iPad. Both kids down for naps at 1pm - what am I doing here?? I should be napping too!
    Exactly! GO! Nap nap nap!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like yesterday was a fluke! We did a similar awake time today and only 45 minutes. But he's been giggling and chatting in his cot for another 20 minutes. Think it's time for me to let it go, get him up and move on with my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Looks like yesterday was a fluke! We did a similar awake time today and only 45 minutes. But he's been giggling and chatting in his cot for another 20 minutes. Think it's time for me to let it go, get him up and move on with my day.
    Good idea. Good luck for the afternoon nap!

Was the toddler around being distracting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey there. I think others have offered some great advice in stretching to a 2 hour awake time before the morning nap.

Just popped in to add a few extra points:
    1) try any new routine for a couple of weeks. It can take that long for all the bits of the jigsaw puzzle to fall in place. 2 days is nowhere near long enough to tell if something is working.
    2) consider bubs overall sleep for the day. At around 6 months most bubs only need 14 hours (perhaps 15) total per day.
    - consider dropping the third late afternoon catnap. By 6 months many bubs have given this up. A late afternoon catnap eats into bubs total sleep hours - could be contributing to the shorter morning nap.
    - consider capping the afternoon nap at 2 hours max.
    - if bub is sleeping 12 hours at night, 2.5 hours in the afternoon and having a late arvo catnap that's 15 hours there. No wonder bub is protesting the morning nap.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (10-07-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (11-07-2015),mummyChubbles  (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hey there. I think others have offered some great advice in stretching to a 2 hour awake time before the morning nap.

Just popped in to add a few extra points:
    1) try any new routine for a couple of weeks. It can take that long for all the bits of the jigsaw puzzle to fall in place. 2 days is nowhere near long enough to tell if something is working.
    2) consider bubs overall sleep for the day. At around 6 months most bubs only need 14 hours (perhaps 15) total per day.
    - consider dropping the third late afternoon catnap. By 6 months many bubs have given this up. A late afternoon catnap eats into bubs total sleep hours - could be contributing to the shorter morning nap.
    - consider capping the afternoon nap at 2 hours max.
    - if bub is sleeping 12 hours at night, 2.5 hours in the afternoon and having a late arvo catnap that's 15 hours there. No wonder bub is protesting the morning nap.
    Thanks! I feel like we would really struggle to get to bedtime while dropping the catnap. But I'll definitely keep it in mind - at the moment, it seems to be the saviour for our day if something goes haywire with the earlier naps.

With nearly 2 hours awake time this morning (we got to 1 hour 45 minutes before he turned up the cranky), he slept for about 1 hour 20 minutes...interrupted by the aforementioned toddler storming back into the house. White noise is definitely on the agenda for tomorrow. Then we had about 2 hours awake time before afternoon nap, which I think he was only asleep for maybe 20 minutes. I don't know why, but he happily lay there and chatted another hour or so. Before getting up cheerful and ready to party on. The overtiredness did become apparent when he went down for his catnap though, and he's just cried out after about 20 minutes.

I think though, the biggest change in the past few days has been my mindset, and as a result, my stress levels. I've just accepted that I need to give up on strict recipes for babies, because mine might not fit that. And now that I have accepted that, I'm in a much better head space. Thank you all for your encouragement. It has been so helpful.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-07-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (11-07-2015)