+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    None really, if we were struggling to find a name and could only agree on a 'used' name, we would probably have used it anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow that's a massive exclusion list!

For us the only names we exclude are family and close friends and their children. This is just to avoid confusion really

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No names are off limits. People don't own names. And if you're going to go so far as to exclude the children of everyone you know you're not going to be able to find any names for them

For me personally, I wrote off a few names I liked that had already been used for DS's cousins but if I really, truly loved a name I would have used it anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just named our daughter the name a friend and ex colleague of mine named her daughter. My daughter is 6mo, hers 2.5. We loved it and could only agree on it, she's not the type to take offence, I asked her beforehand and she didn't mind.

Use a name you love regardless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No names were off limits for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a huge exclusion list because we thought it was the norm. I'm feeling much more relieved to hear that it won't be a touchy subject if we use a name of someone we know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me immediate family or family we see often. For DP literally every person he has ever met is off limits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    None. My niece tried to tell I could use a name because that was their future child's name. I laughed and said we'll if want to name your child that go for it no one owns a name.

One our children has my bill first name. We don't like him but loved the name so went for it anyhow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Off limits to us is immediate family and extended family that we see more than twice a year.

We actually ended up choosing first names that have not been used ever on either side, with family middle names (my dad's name for a boy, my aunt and H's aunt's name for a girl)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the only names that are truly off limits imo are those that are close friends/family faves. like if my close friend loves Sophia for a girl, I'd feel pretty low calling my kid that. otherwise it's all fair game I reckon