Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Telling the Bio mother

My ex has another child and he told me very early on in their pregnancy. I could've killed him because they were together for such a short time (3-4mo), their relationship sucked & he bltched about her to me incessantly & had told me only a month or so before that he had decided to get the snip as he didn't see our child very often let alone adding another. If she had told me whether by email or phone I'm not sure what I'd have said but I am glad it came from ex. I was upset at the time because he is irresponsible and an average father, whereas DF & I were actually planning a child & getting married etc but he gave her a sibling before I did, so the 'FINALLY' thing would bother me.

Fast forward 18mo & I have a 6mo - I told ex and would never expect DF to do it, even if I were on bad terms with ex.

It sounds like you know which way you should go, so congratulations and good luck. I do hope she doesn't take it badly :-)
    Last edited by ChelleBH; 09-07-2015 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone thanks for all the responses.

I have decided email is the way to go. That was the only question I asked and I feel put on the spot that so many of you have poked and prodded at the situation.

As stated before, the kids' mother had expressed a wish to know when we started TTC and then to know when we get pregnant. She was the one who asked for it to come from me- she finds it easier to speak to me about things.

The tshirts are a way of telling the kids, everyone will be getting a tshirt. I will not defend it. This is how we, as a family (the kids already know but obviously don't know when it will happen, and so does their mother) chose to do it.
    @VicPark I think it was you. Yes, H did the leaving, but she was the one who pulled the plug and asked him to go. It was a completely mutual decision to split. They married to have kids, and once that was done, they realised how unsuited they are together.

I consider this thread done now. Thanks for your input.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this thread would have gone a lot differently had their been more information to start with

Particularly the part about her asking to know when you were TCC and were successful.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your announcements! It's the best sharing the news!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (10-07-2015),Phony  (10-07-2015)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky79 View Post
    I think this thread would have gone a lot differently had their been more information to start with

Particularly the part about her asking to know when you were TCC and were successful.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your announcements! It's the best sharing the news!
    I think so too, good luck OP I hope the Bio Mum takes it better than you expect 😀

Enjoy sharing your news and good luck with your pregnancy....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (10-07-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    as the OP has answered her question, I will close this thread now.

thanks

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-07-2015),Mamasupial  (10-07-2015)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678