+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alliphant View Post
    Prenatal ballet sounds good! I shall look into that 😎
    I did it last pregnancy too (and post birth) and I really love it. Went for a walk with DS this morning. Such nice walking weather, I'm not looking forward to summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a Tabata class again today with the same instructor from last week that wouldn't let my heart rate go over 140. She didn't recognise me so didn't mention anything about keeping my heart rate low! I stayed towards the back of the class and managed to have a really good workout 😊

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I did a Tabata class again today with the same instructor from last week that wouldn't let my heart rate go over 140. She didn't recognise me so didn't mention anything about keeping my heart rate low! I stayed towards the back of the class and managed to have a really good workout 😊
    Nice work! Am sure you are a better judge of what's right for your body than the instructor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Having a bad week in terms of fitting in exercise. I just started my post grad (on top of working 4 days/week) which means I am at uni until late 2 nights per week, finding that very challenging food wise. The canteen is stocked with cr@p food and I won't go near the salads that have been sitting there all day.
    Do you think that it's safe for me to pack salad/vege sticks/cold boiled eggs etc in a cool bag with ice bricks (ie would be in there most of day, no fridge available)? Or any other ideas? I am finding 'safe' food that travels well is very limited! And still having food aversions/ms 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I reckon if you've prepared the salad and it's in a clean sealed container, it should be ok. just make sure it's washed well first. anything that just sits there exposed to others would worry me.

dh was actually asking me last night if I can have ham if it's heated up. I said yeah I think so, so long as it's 75 degrees plus. like in a toasted sandwich for instance. I'm guessing the prepackaged ham would be safer too? like it's been packaged in factory conditions and is sealed and sits in the fridge. as opposed to deli meat which is open and just sits in the deli display cabinet?? does that seem logical or am I way off? I'm still sickened at the idea of sandwiches, had a toasted one yesterday which was ok but fresh sandwiches urghhhhh. get away from me. makes me feel so nauseous!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnant lunch food ideas that travel well.

Tuna on crackers
    Home made salads
    Toasted sandwiches
    Leftover meals
    Baked beans on toast
    Boiled eggs.
    Fruit
    Tasty cheese and crackers

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Pregnant lunch food ideas that travel well.

Tuna on crackers
    Home made salads
    Toasted sandwiches
    Leftover meals
    Baked beans on toast
    Boiled eggs.
    Fruit
    Tasty cheese and crackers

Thanks - just worried about lack of refrigeration but I am going to buy some more ice bricks and hope that helps. My dinner will be sitting in my lunch bag for up to 12 hours. Not sure salad will keep fresh under those conditions. Maybe quinoa salad etc.

I don't have reheating facilities at uni so leftovers are out if the question unfortunately - that's my usual lunch at work.

Hoping I can stomach tuna this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing wrong with vegemite/pb sandwiches, frozen yoghurt and a banana.

Think school lunchboxes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to throw out the sandwiches mum sent to school, lol. I am such a fuss pot (and a carb phobe). I think next week I might try make some vege nori wraps with julienned Veges and tahini or avo.
    There has to be some safe cold meat options. Need some protein other than canned tuna. I don't think I stressed this much with my first pregnancy, maybe I should just take a chill pill...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dress fits!!!!
    Sooooo relieved!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anasi For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (01-08-2015)