+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Pretty good this week. 2x cardio sessions, 2x body pump at normal pre pregnancy weights and 1x body balance. Plus the usual busyness of kids and housework.

Now to keep this up!
    Great job! How far along are you? I yearn to feel half normal again... So tired I just want to go to bed at 8pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Really badly.. lol. I've managed a few home yoga/pilates sessions but only short ones. I haven't been for a walk for a couple of weeks! 25+4 today so it's still not too late to get a bit more active. I've actually been thinking of starting morning walks again because I can get up and get my exercise done first thing in the morning.
    Morning walks will be SO much easier when this weather warms up and the sun rises at a decent hour! I am aiming to do a dawn walk tomorrow pending my level of MS. Maybe I should eat something before to stop the queasiness...
    Midday is currently my best time to work out (when I feel best) but hardly ever practical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fit pregnancy - for those trying to stay for and healthy throughout their pre...

I forgot about this thread, oops. I've only been to the gym a couple of times since joining this thread. Did a pump class a couple of weeks ago, lightened most of my weights and had to have a couple of breaks. Felt so weak and exhausted, then came down with a nasty cold a couple of days later. Managed to go back to the gym yesterday and do a Tabata class which I loved before pregnancy. The instructor was new so I told her I was pregnant in case there were any technique changes I had to make, and because I didn't have a medical clearance she wouldn't let me get my heart rate over 140! I felt like such a slacker as she kept coming over to check it so I could hardly do anything. Was a pretty pointless class I think. Have a doctors appointment next week so I'll ask him to write something up saying I am ok to exercise. I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week before pregnancy so I'm fit and can handle a Tabata class. I know not to push myself too hard and stop when I need to.

Going to another pump class tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to do slightly normal weights.

12+1 today and had my NT scan which showed a happy bubba bouncing around 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Morning walks will be SO much easier when this weather warms up and the sun rises at a decent hour! I am aiming to do a dawn walk tomorrow pending my level of MS. Maybe I should eat something before to stop the queasiness...
    Midday is currently my best time to work out (when I feel best) but hardly ever practical.
    I live in the tropics so its the best time of year to exercise! I imagine it would be tough down south trying to get motivated when you're freezing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I forgot about this thread, oops. I've only been to the gym a couple of times since joining this thread. Did a pump class a couple of weeks ago, lightened most of my weights and had to have a couple of breaks. Felt so weak and exhausted, then came down with a nasty cold a couple of days later. Managed to go back to the gym yesterday and do a Tabata class which I loved before pregnancy. The instructor was new so I told her I was pregnant in case there were any technique changes I had to make, and because I didn't have a medical clearance she wouldn't let me get my heart rate over 140! I felt like such a slacker as she kept coming over to check it so I could hardly do anything. Was a pretty pointless class I think. Have a doctors appointment next week so I'll ask him to write something up saying I am ok to exercise. I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week before pregnancy so I'm fit and can handle a Tabata class. I know not to push myself too hard and stop when I need to.

Going to another pump class tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to do slightly normal weights.

12+1 today and had my NT scan which showed a happy bubba bouncing around 😊
    Wow what an anal instructor! Last pregnancy I did spin classes etc and was visibly very pregnant - the instructor just said don't push too hard etc. that was it. I think the HR thing is outdated info (plenty of articles online will support this). Everyone is different and if you were fit before it makes perfect sense that you would be able to work out at a higher rate than a non-fit person when Preg. Besides, our bodies will tell us we're pushing too hard long before it becomes an issue.
    I guess some instructors are just worried about liability or something?
    All you girls doing pump is making me want to join a gym again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    I live in the tropics so its the best time of year to exercise! I imagine it would be tough down south trying to get motivated when you're freezing
    Lol I am not that far south but still we've had some shocking cold mornings of late. If I wasn't so nauseated I would still probably get out there in my hoody...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what an anal instructor! Last pregnancy I did spin classes etc and was visibly very pregnant - the instructor just said don't push too hard etc. that was it. I think the HR thing is outdated info (plenty of articles online will support this). Everyone is different and if you were fit before it makes perfect sense that you would be able to work out at a higher rate than a non-fit person when Preg. Besides, our bodies will tell us we're pushing too hard long before it becomes an issue.
    I guess some instructors are just worried about liability or something?
    All you girls doing pump is making me want to join a gym again.
    This is my 3rd kid and both of my previous pregnancies I've worked out and never had any instructors mention heart rate, just the same as you, they say don't work too hard and take a break if you need too. I'm annoyed as I love Tabata class but Wednesday morning with that instructor is the only Tabata class my gym offers. If she's going to be so anal about how hard I'm working then I don't want to go. Fingers crossed she'll lighten up once I have a letter from my doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job! How far along are you? I yearn to feel half normal again... So tired I just want to go to bed at 8pm!
    30-31wks ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Managed to get up and go for a walk this morning with the toddler. Although my walks are now pretty slow paced as my hips are sore. Pushing the pram up a small slope was an effort!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too - lovely out this morning. I didn't go until 7 but the weather here today has a spring feel to it 😊

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (30-07-2015)