+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I want to take up aqua-aerobics where I do my twice weekly swimming, but it's so expensive!
    Same with yoga!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'd love to join if that's ok. I'm 31 weeks with my second. I put on about 12kg with my first and lost all but 1 or 2kgs. This time I'm already up 10kg so I'm expecting to put on a bit more this time. I'm normally in the healthy range so I'm not too concerned but definitely wanting to stay as fit as possible. Mostly because I find the recovery after bubs to be really hard and I figure the fitter I am now the less work I have to do later haha! I had heaps of ms early on so did basically no exercise, now I'm back to gentle cardio, weights and some swimming but I'm a bit sporadic and need motivation! My diet is also a bit shabby! Looking forward to getting some tips and motivation!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambo For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I want to take up aqua-aerobics where I do my twice weekly swimming, but it's so expensive!
    Same with yoga!
    Not sure if it's still around but with DS I found an online pregnancy yoga thing (think it was called 'mamastae'?) and did that in front of the TV almost every day during 3rd trimester as I couldn't afford a yoga course. It's pretty easy gentle yoga but good for free and you can do it at home. I'll see if I can track down some more online workouts suitable for us preggy bellies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Not sure if it's still around but with DS I found an online pregnancy yoga thing (think it was called 'mamastae'?) and did that in front of the TV almost every day during 3rd trimester as I couldn't afford a yoga course. It's pretty easy gentle yoga but good for free and you can do it at home. I'll see if I can track down some more online workouts suitable for us preggy bellies.
    Thanks I'll have a look. Never done yoga before so thought a class would be best.

Can't believe how expensive it is to stay healthy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Gemini78  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doing it online is a good idea. I was wondering if there was any yoga classes around the Caboolture area? I'm only 6 weeks along so not sure if I want to do any yoga yet in case I harm my baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure about Caboolture @Gemini78 you could always Google and call/ask if they do pregnancy yoga?
    I have a membership at my local yoga studio have been going there for about 18 months so going to keep going as long as I can. My yoga teacher says it's safe right way through but there are some poses you need to avoid as you progress etc - he gives alternatives and you can always stop/rest if you're not feeling great.
    At this stage I'm just trying to to vomit or pass out so taking it slow and listening to my body. Bring on 2nd trimester!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Gemini78  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Not sure about Caboolture @Gemini78 you could always Google and call/ask if they do pregnancy yoga?
    I have a membership at my local yoga studio have been going there for about 18 months so going to keep going as long as I can. My yoga teacher says it's safe right way through but there are some poses you need to avoid as you progress etc - he gives alternatives and you can always stop/rest if you're not feeling great.
    At this stage I'm just trying to to vomit or pass out so taking it slow and listening to my body. Bring on 2nd trimester!
    Thanks @sunnygirl79. So far I've been doing a bit of walking but might start yoga soon. It's like how you said though- gotta listen to your body. Mine's telling me to rest at the moment as feel so tired and queasy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The instructors are good at modifying workouts. I did a body balance class yesterday and my instructor gave really good alternatives. Have body pump today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies...

I've read on a few websites that you should always tell your trainer as soon as you find out you are expecting so you can amend the work out... But what do u do when your trainer is your brother in law, who u live with, who you don't want to tell yet?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    Hi ladies...

I've read on a few websites that you should always tell your trainer as soon as you find out you are expecting so you can amend the work out... But what do u do when your trainer is your brother in law, who u live with, who you don't want to tell yet?!?!
    That's a tough one! Last pregnancy I was doing some pretty intensive PT and my trainer was actually the 2nd person to find out after my husband. I needed to, my fitness almost halved overnight due to hormones etc and I was super dizzy during training. A set of box jumps and I was nearly puking on the gym floor (that was normally just a warm up!).

He's going to know something is up, so I guess your options are to fess up and make him swear to secrecy, or fake some kind of illness... Maybe avoid training for a few weeks? You really must listen to your body either way, if something doesn't feel right, don't push it...