+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm struggling so bad. This exhaustion is insane (I'm 6 weeks on Saturday)

I've been trying to go to the gym 2-3x per week, but am only managing body balance, yoga or Pilates classes as I literally don't have the energy to move fast

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    I'm struggling so bad. This exhaustion is insane (I'm 6 weeks on Saturday)

I've been trying to go to the gym 2-3x per week, but am only managing body balance, yoga or Pilates classes as I literally don't have the energy to move fast

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!
    Go easy on yourself I honestly think first trimester is hardest due to tiredness and sickness. Everyone is different but hopefully you'll start to feel better around 10 weeks ish and can add a few things back in.
    My first trimester was all about survival. I found it especially challenging to eat well because everything made me gag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 10+5, this is my 3rd pregnancy. With both my previous pregnancies I stopped exercise relatively quickly, the second pregnancy was twins so was advised to but the 1st I stopped as I was just so tired. This time I'm trying to keep it up. Currently doing 2 gym classes a week, pump and an abs or fitball class. Thinking I might have to swap the abs for something else later?? I like walking but it's been too hot here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    I'm 10+5, this is my 3rd pregnancy. With both my previous pregnancies I stopped exercise relatively quickly, the second pregnancy was twins so was advised to but the 1st I stopped as I was just so tired. This time I'm trying to keep it up. Currently doing 2 gym classes a week, pump and an abs or fitball class. Thinking I might have to swap the abs for something else later?? I like walking but it's been too hot here.
    Congrats! Yeah I think you will have to swap abs at some stage, I can't be sure exactly when (probably 2nd trimester), I'm no health professional but I know you can do more damage than good with abs. Maybe talk to your instructor or OB/midwife on that one. Pump is really good though I know some girls on here did it right through with only minor adjustments. I think the important thing to remember us you're just trying to maintain your level of fitness, rather than push yourself to get fitter etc.
    Hopefully the weather will cool down soon! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Congrats! Yeah I think you will have to swap abs at some stage, I can't be sure exactly when (probably 2nd trimester), I'm no health professional but I know you can do more damage than good with abs. Maybe talk to your instructor or OB/midwife on that one. Pump is really good though I know some girls on here did it right through with only minor adjustments. I think the important thing to remember us you're just trying to maintain your level of fitness, rather than push yourself to get fitter etc.
    Hopefully the weather will cool down soon! 😊
    I don't know either! I also think it depends on your muscles pre pregnancy too. I have some muscle separation from previous pregnancy so it is more pronounced earlier this pregnancy.

I just noticed I can't bend over properly anymore! Belly is in the way now! Should not be surprised at almost 31 weeks I guess.

Exercise has been hard. After last week's heat I have caught some form of cold that is making me tired. Along with the weight of bubs walking is getting harder (and walking up 4 flights of stairs at childcare!).

Still trying to get around as much as possible. I figure walking is better than nothing at this stage.

1st tri was so hard for me. Exhaustion and sickness sucked.

Just do what you can and what you feel is right for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've cut down my training to 3 days a week. Finding anything more than that really tired me out.

Feeling happy with that tho considering I'm 36+1 I'm just happy I'm still able to be active and keep moving. Psychologically it's really helping me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anasi For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    39 weeks and feeling pretty over it! Last week I was quite sick and just stuck to walking and yoga - but even had to skip a class or 2 as couldn't breathe through my nose. Feeling much better this week and back to it, long walks and up the mountain again. Not long to go, I am listening to my body very closely.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1456392353.352967.jpg
    The view from my climb.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (25-02-2016),runnermelb  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    39 weeks and feeling pretty over it! Last week I was quite sick and just stuck to walking and yoga - but even had to skip a class or 2 as couldn't breathe through my nose. Feeling much better this week and back to it, long walks and up the mountain again. Not long to go, I am listening to my body very closely.
    Attachment 78778
    The view from my climb.
    You are doing so well. I have been hit by exhaustion at 32 weeks. Almost 33 and trying so hard to push through. I am hoping cooler weather helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attachment 78778
    The view from my climb.
    Errr I can see my house in this photo. You must live nearby!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29 weeks and walking most days and still jogging twice a week with the help of a belly support band! Feel like I must look silly jogging but glad I'm still keeping it up! Stop every k or so to walk a little especially on the hills! Loving yoga but still working lots so not much time to make the classes and get to the gym about once a week. Keep it up fit mummas to be!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to runnermelb For This Useful Post: