+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Managed a longer walk today but now I'm getting sciatica pain...
    Oh no! I've never had it but it sounds awful. Have you tried Chiro or pregnancy massage I've heard they both help with that?

I got a good 1.6k swim in today in my lunch break. Water is my friend in this current humidity 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out I was 5 weeks and I go jogging 2-3 times a week. I hope I can keep it up for as long as possible. Might have to walk or get to the pool more often.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsCarla2299 For This Useful Post:

runnermelb  (02-02-2016),sunnygirl79  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCarla2299 View Post
    Just found out I was 5 weeks and I go jogging 2-3 times a week. I hope I can keep it up for as long as possible. Might have to walk or get to the pool more often.
    Congratulations! You can totally keep it up (providing no complications etc) as long as your body lets you. Some women run right through and I think that's totally fine 😊.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

MrsCarla2299  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The heat is really making workouts hard atm. Currently 36 wks and I'm going to listen to my body and not do anything silly. Today is forecast 37 so anything other than a walk or swim is out of the question! I am also petrified of bringing on early labor as my DH is away on business and I have been a bit crampy.

Swam 2km yesterday. Water is fantastic atm. Won't have time to get to big pool today but will take my dog for a 30 min walk and cool off in our home pool. Better than nothing I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooo can I join?

Before I get pregnant I was just in the healthy weight range (at the higher end) but I've bloated so bad I've put on 4kg and I'm only 5 weeks!

I was going to the gym 5x per week, and have no tiredness yet so would like to continue. Will be chatting to the doctor today to see if I can continue my pump classes which are my favourites

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Thescientist For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome thescientist! And congrats. Unless you have any health concerns you should be able to continue pump classes no problem. Just listen to your body and don't go too hard. Probably also worth mentioning to your class instructor - so they know why if you decide to skip an exercise or need to modify it in any way. You'll need to make some adjustments as you progress but if you were doing them before you should be able to continue.

There was a lady on here earlier who did pump classes right up until birth 👍

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with @sunnygirl79. As long as you have no health issues, feel good then go ahead. You may need to modify what you do as you progress but other than that - go for it!

ETA. I think it was R&A&H that did bucketloads of pump classes until birth.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 36 week appt today and mentioned the mountain climbing to my OB and she was very supportive 😊. She said as long as I felt fine I could keep doing it, and to ignore anyone that tells me I shouldn't be.

It's been over a week now since I have been up there due to weather but going to go up with a friend tomorrow (please don't rain!!). It's too dangerous to do in the rain, lots of slippery rocks etc I just don't think it's wise. So it's really only been walking and swimming lately.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I had my 36 week appt today and mentioned the mountain climbing to my OB and she was very supportive 😊. She said as long as I felt fine I could keep doing it, and to ignore anyone that tells me I shouldn't be.

It's been over a week now since I have been up there due to weather but going to go up with a friend tomorrow (please don't rain!!). It's too dangerous to do in the rain, lots of slippery rocks etc I just don't think it's wise. So it's really only been walking and swimming lately.
    I had a nice walk in the city then from bus to ob (its about 1km so not that much really but most of it is uphill).

Its hot today but I feel good after doing it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going? I have been super tired, now 37 weeks and really need to listen to my body. Finding if I push myself too hard I really pay for it. More than anything I need to find time to rest each day.

I am still climbing my local 'mountain' now just weekly but it's not getting any harder per say. Just preferring to focus on prenatal yoga and general walking to try and prepare for birth. I have a good level of fitness and am so happy I am still managing the climb with ease at this late stage.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455165294.599742.jpg

This is my mountain. The climb is so good for me mentally as well as physically.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (11-02-2016),runnermelb  (11-02-2016)