+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Struggling with ms so I haven't do t too much. Managed to get back to my start weight though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Struggling with ms so I haven't do t too much. Managed to get back to my start weight though.
    Oh no I hope it clears up soon for you. I think most people struggle in first trimester, just to get through the day is enough hard work! Look after yourself 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Feeling like I need a good workout! Haven't done any 'real' exercise for 2 days now due to work & family commitments and I feel like cr@p. Planning on heading to the pool in my lunch hour today and can hopefully get a decent session in. DH is due home tonight so should be able to get out over wknd and get up the mountain and do some walk/jogs.

Also trying to tighten up my diet this coming week. Have lost motivation to cook and last night was 2 boiled eggs with a side salad - not bad but very little effort as hating cooking atm. I normally love it. Finding I am craving sweet things more than usual but trying to avoid bulking up in this last trimester so going to have to get smart about it.

The good thing is I have totally gone off cheese. I've never been huge cheese fan but like sharp crumbly vintage cheddar etc, lately it all tastes wrong to me. Weird how pregnancy affects your taste buds! Need to make some healthy dips to have with vege sticks etc for when the urge to snack comes on. Think I have been eating too much fruit and hence the sweet cravings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First trimester is do what you can to get through.

I realised I am in 3rd trimester today. That might explain why getting around is harder!

I'm trying to get some movement in every day. Childcare is good for that - I have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to get to the boy! And usually on drop off I can carrying him up. Kinda like a weight belt (he is now 13kg!).

Going for a stroll/walk at lunch every day. Tomorrow is another shopping day with MIL/DS. Usually means carrying DS for half the shopping trip.

Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. Food intake is good. Snacks are usually healthy and since it is so hot I just crave fruit and fresh food (sweet isn't my thing).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (15-01-2016),Mamasupial  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Got out for a walk this arvo which was nice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got out for a walk this arvo which was nice.
    Hope you are feeling a little better. Fresh air is so nice sometimes when you feel like rubbish.

I have started feeling pregnant and have discovered my body is telling me to stop a little with some things (i.e. carrying my toddler everywhere - I have had stomach pain the last 2 days from it).

Food wise I have been eating mostly healthy. Have been feeling a little gross recently - growth spurt I suspect is making me hungry and feel ick at the same time.

Loooots of walking. Went to the city with DS so lots of walking and walked up the mega hill home.

My calves are permanently sore and achy.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-01-2016),sunnygirl79  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Walking is great. I usually don't see it as a legitimate form of exercise but when pregnant I think it's one of the best things we can do. I've been doing more of that lately as I get more pregnant.

Only managed to get up the mountain once last week (have been doing twice). Partly due to lack of time, partly due to the intense humidity up here this wknd. I've been sleeping terribly and really only comfortable in air con or in the pool! Most likely I will up my swimming this week if humidity continues, I don't feel right about climbing a mountain in intense heat whilst heavily pregnant. But I will definitely get up there at least once this week even if it means going at 5am.

Still craving fruit like no tomorrow. I would be living off fruit alone if I let myself! This baby will definitely be a fruit lover (or hater, depending what effect all this fruit eating has, lol). Trying to plan paleo-style meat & veg meals for dinner each night but not enjoying them as much as usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had no idea how an extra 5kg can affect your body. I know that my body is working harder while pregnant but your muscles feel it!

Fruit is so goooood! Not sure if its the heat? But I loooooove eating fruit and also fresh veg atm as well (as in crunchy veg).

Tomorrow is house cleaning day so that is pretty much all I will do. Might take DS to feed the ducks and turtles in the afternoon if I feel ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the heat definitely makes us want to eat light and fresh. I also think the fruit is hydrating and generally easy to digest. I'm adding a little Greek yoghurt to my morning fruit for protein and fat but there's definitely no room for oats or anything like that! Really going to try and make an effort to eat more eggs though.

My legs and calves have been ok thankfully. I do get killer cramps though if I miss even one day if magnesium supplement. And then the affected calf is sore for days 😫. I'm actually a little sore from yoga, having had about 6 week break from it I am noticing where I've worked. Weird thinking I can be sure from yoga but everything is extra stress on the body atm. I think because I've been climbing the mountain regularly my legs are conditioned for it and I don't get sore. But I am taking it much slower than normal, no point pushing past my limits these days.

Back to the pool today. I really hope it's not full of school holiday ferals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Managed a longer walk today but now I'm getting sciatica pain...