+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep similar.. I like it because it is a good motivational help..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well those people who think we are better sitting on our bums have no idea! I would certainly be giving anyone who says anything rude to me a mouthful!! That's a great swimming effort!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    No, I used to use 'map my run' not sure if it's similar. I don't take my phone with me walking or running though, if it's one of those satellite tracked ones?

These days not so concerned about distance or speed. Just getting out there is enough. I am looking forward to getting back to some decent running though once bub arrives. Although don't think you're supposed to use running prams until they're 6 months old? Or something like that. I'll need to look into that I can't remember what the story is.
    I am by no means 'fit' but am a lot more active this pregnancy (not fainting this pregnancy and have an active toddler so I am forever playing games, going for long walks etc). I started having some RLP but it hasn't been too bad. Shins have now started hurting. I do notice when bubs has a growth spurt though. Getting harder to move around and I get sore quicker until I get used to it again.

I don't know whether to thank or curse the huge hills in our local area as my walks are full of hills!

Re: the jogging prams. I have no clue why it would not allow before 6 months. The only thing I can think of is does a jogging pram have sufficient recline for newborn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am by no means 'fit' but am a lot more active this pregnancy (not fainting this pregnancy and have an active toddler so I am forever playing games, going for long walks etc). I started having some RLP but it hasn't been too bad. Shins have now started hurting. I do notice when bubs has a growth spurt though. Getting harder to move around and I get sore quicker until I get used to it again.

I don't know whether to thank or curse the huge hills in our local area as my walks are full of hills!

Re: the jogging prams. I have no clue why it would not allow before 6 months. The only thing I can think of is does a jogging pram have sufficient recline for newborn?
    I think it had something to do with them being able to stabilise their heads/neck strength? And yes most 'proper' running prams don't fully recline. I can't remember what age I started running with DS in the pram (baby jogger city elite, which does fully recline). I honestly think those style prams are ok from a younger age on a smooth path etc, at least I don't see it as any different from walking fast! Most likely I will do most my running in the gym in those early months anyway, and put this bub in crèche. I really want a more hard core running pram for when they're older and can sit up etc. They're surprisingly hard to find second hand...

Yay for hilly walks! My suburb is as flat as they come hence I drive to a nearby mountain and climb to the summit a couple times a week. It's a lovely climb and definitely gets the heart rate up (and I don't get RLP climbing for some reason. Bonus!).

I have become so lazy with my upper body though. Apart from swimming and some dips here & there I don't do any weights etc. Decided to wait on rejoining gym until bub is born to save some $. I'll be pumped to get back in there by then.

When are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    All my hard work pre-baby has paid off!
    Lots of extra chub to work off (a good 7-8kg of it) but belly has bounced back quite well.
    10 days post birth of baby number 4!
    Attachment 77191
    You look amazing!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due mid April. So quite a while to go!

Went to Chermside today. That's always a trek that I consider exercise (and DS insisted on being carried half the time). I speed walk between shops - I hate walking slow even when pregnant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I'm due mid April. So quite a while to go!

Went to Chermside today. That's always a trek that I consider exercise (and DS insisted on being carried half the time). I speed walk between shops - I hate walking slow even when pregnant.
    Well done braving Chermside then!! 😂. DH and I have a thing against slow walkers too. Hence, shopping centres on school holidays are like my idea of hell! I especially hate when groups of people all walk side by side at snail pace and you can't get past them 😂. First world problem, I know.

I did nothing today. Apart from walk the dog but I still don't consider than exercise as such. Carrying 3 bags across hot sand at the beach was probably the most effort all day. Going up the mountain tomorrow, DH will be away a bit this week so it's probably going to be my last chance until Friday (need to do it before work and taking DS isn't an option!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always go to Chermside early morning at leave by 10 or sometimes 11.

So is gardening considered exercise? Our backyard is half weeds. Just spent over an hour pulling weeds, loosening the soil etc etc (only got about a 5th of the weed forest done but we are hitting it with weed killer again and may go in again and pull more out in 2 weeks or so).

Feeling pretty good after the exercise since I had maybe 4 hours of sleep (yay for insomnia!).

Might take DS for a walk to see ducks/turtles when it cools later this afternoon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm struggling to do much at the moment. Went to body pump twice last week but other than that I spent most of the week on the couch. Way too hot outside to go for walks, plus having loads of braxton hicks and hip pain making walking difficult. Nearly 37 weeks so at this point of pregnancy, if I manage to vacuum the house which is an effort, I'm happy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what is considered exercise is entirely up to the individual and your gestation! And some people just can't due to complications etc. Anything you can do is great in my opinion, none of us are planning on running a marathon at 39 weeks - although one could argue that giving birth is up there 😂.

Did my mountain again this morning, got some positive encouragement from strangers today (interestingly all women). So glad I have it handy and so hoping my body holds up so I can continue right through. Currently 32 +4 and so far so good 😊