+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    5 weeks here and started at the gym the week I found out. I got pregnant about 3-4kgs heavier than I would have liked so really not feeling great. My first I put on 25kg and riddle with problems my second I put on 18kg and had a much easier pregnancy and birth. With this one I don't want to put on any more than 15kg so I will have to be motivated to hit the gym and eat healthy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maco For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    Hi ladies I just found out I'm preggers with #1! So exciting... I've always done HIIT as part of my routine...is it still safe to do so early on? I want to make sure my little poppy seed is safe xo
    I think you will find your body will tell you when you are pushing too hard. I did HIT in my last pregnancy and found by about 8/9 weeks I was feeling dizzy and sick and hence adjusted my workouts. It might be a case of changing to suit your stage etc. obviously as you progress you'll be forced to adjust your workouts anyway - but I personally think common sense is best. Just don't push yourself as hard as pre-pregnancy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fit pregnancy - for those trying to stay for and healthy throughout their pre...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I think you will find your body will tell you when you are pushing too hard. I did HIT in my last pregnancy and found by about 8/9 weeks I was feeling dizzy and sick and hence adjusted my workouts. It might be a case of changing to suit your stage etc. obviously as you progress you'll be forced to adjust your workouts anyway - but I personally think common sense is best. Just don't push yourself as hard as pre-pregnancy.
    Thanks hun 😊 I realise I need to modify my workouts now this is my first so I just want to make sure I'm doing everything ok and safe! Plus I don't think u should stop being active just because ur pregnant it can only be a good thing right?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anasi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do body attack class at my gym every friday, and I found at about 12-13 weeks I had to really tone it down. I still jog (later on will probably switch to marching) but don't do any of the jumping moves any more as the impact is too high. Listen to your body, it will tell you what doesn't feel right

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (08-07-2015),sunnygirl79  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    Thanks hun 😊 I realise I need to modify my workouts now this is my first so I just want to make sure I'm doing everything ok and safe! Plus I don't think u should stop being active just because ur pregnant it can only be a good thing right?
    No I think it's best to be as active as you can - unless of course your OB tells you not to, some conditions mean you can't but you will be told if this is the case.
    I ran up until about 28 wks last pregnancy and only stopped (walked a lot instead) because of round ligament pain - kind of like a bad stitch and is a result of ligaments stretching around your uterus. I even found I got this with spin classes etc, so frustrating. I then stuck to swimming, walking and prenatal yoga. And some light upper body weights etc.
    Currently I am still running but only 3-5km, swimming, doing some body weight workouts and yoga. And walking but I don't consider this exercise until I can't run anymore lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allybellybaby View Post
    16weeks and still running anywhere from 3-5km. Hoping I can keep this up so I set myself a goal of doing the 10km at the sunny coast marathon. Fingers crossed I keep the fitness up
    I am on sunny coast too! Good luck, I don't think I will be doing it this year as I slow down so much when pregnant and would be mad at myself for going too slow, even though I have a good excuse lol. I guess you can always walk if you get tired..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm joining 😊
    I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week but since getting pregnant I've been too sick and exhausted. Feeling better now at 10 weeks so planning to start back at the gym gently on Friday. I can't wait to get back into it. It'll give me more energy and I won't feel like eating so much crap as I won't want to undo my hard work. I put on 20kgs with my first and really struggled to lose it. (I'm only 5ft so every kg showed!) I didn't exercise at all and ate whatever I wanted. Second pregnancy I ate a lot healthier, exercised until 38 weeks and felt great. Only put on 7kgs and had such a better birth and recovery. This time I'm aiming for around the same weight gain as my second so need to get motivated and my bum into the gym.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I'm joining 😊
    I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week but since getting pregnant I've been too sick and exhausted. Feeling better now at 10 weeks so planning to start back at the gym gently on Friday. I can't wait to get back into it. It'll give me more energy and I won't feel like eating so much crap as I won't want to undo my hard work. I put on 20kgs with my first and really struggled to lose it. (I'm only 5ft so every kg showed!) I didn't exercise at all and ate whatever I wanted. Second pregnancy I ate a lot healthier, exercised until 38 weeks and felt great. Only put on 7kgs and had such a better birth and recovery. This time I'm aiming for around the same weight gain as my second so need to get motivated and my bum into the gym.
    Wow only 7kg I would love that but don't like my chances since DS was nearly 4kg alone 😝

I let my gym membership lapse last month because I was barely getting there but with the onset of this cold weather I think I might need to rejoin. Thinking of one of those 24 hr no contract places as I will start exercising outdoors again when the weather warms up. I hate gyms lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 kilos sounds amazing! This is my first so I'm not sure what to expect in regards to wait gain - just trying not to take "eating for two" too literally lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in too.

First baby I gained 19kg and never lost that last 5. Second baby I gained 15 and once again I never lost that last 5. Now I'm 28wks and up 6kgs so far. My ob did say that for my weight and height range I shouldn't gain more than 5-7kg but I know realistically that's impossible for me considering this past 5 wks I gained 4 kg. so I'm aiming for 8-10kg.

I too love food plus I'm an awesome cook so can't actually help myself to overindulge. I try and gym 3-5x a week but some weeks I'm lucky to go 2x a week. I do cardio mon/tues either on rowing machine or cross trainer. Yoga on Wednesdays, body pump on thurs and Saturdays.
    @cazhaskids you look amazing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (10-07-2015)