+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    Sounds like you see doing well hun! Last two weeks have been slack for me, this rib pain has really hindered my training but really trying to keep moving and keeping the food under control. Have put on about 7 kilos so far with 12 weeks to go!
    7 kilos is great, you Prob won't put on much more. You lose about 8 the day you give birth anyway 😂

Have you tried swimming? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it really helps bub move out of my ribs and I barely feel pregnant whilst swimming (except not at my usual pace lol). Can get a pretty good workout using a range of strokes, kick boards/fins/paddles etc. if I go t fast I get a little RLP but have found it much less than when running etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Gosh you ladies are amazing and inspiring!! I'm not fit, I'm overweight, but I want to keep active so I don't turn into a blob lol. With dd I was 101kgs when I fell pregnant, and 106kgs full term. This time I'm starting at 84kgs.

I don't get any alone time so I mainly just walk with DD on the weekends. During the week I get off the bus early and walk the extra bit.
    Wow well done on your weight loss to date! That's fantastic!

TBH if it's weight that you're worried about I would concentrate on food and not stress about doing any more exercise than you currently are. Whilst it's good to keep fit & healthy I think food is where a lot of pregnant women (including myself) drop the ball, which is easy to do with morning sickness, cravings, tiredness etc. regardless of your starting weight our bodies are designed to store fat during pregnancy so it's best not to give it a chance, just focus on eating as healthy as possible and drink heaps of water.

That said, I am trying for a chocolate free day today. Our house is full of Christmas treats and I just can't help myself lol. I really need to stop now or I will stack on the k's over Christmas!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (17-12-2015),Mamasupial  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    7 kilos is great, you Prob won't put on much more. You lose about 8 the day you give birth anyway 😂

Have you tried swimming? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it really helps bub move out of my ribs and I barely feel pregnant whilst swimming (except not at my usual pace lol). Can get a pretty good workout using a range of strokes, kick boards/fins/paddles etc. if I go t fast I get a little RLP but have found it much less than when running etc.
    God hopefully!!

I'm not food with swimming as I don't like myself in bathers on a good day let alone now that I'm "blossoming" everywhere 😂😂

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anasi For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Sounds like you're doing great Sunnygirl! Welcome Mamasupial and congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Anasi that's no good about the rib pain. Fingers crossed bub drops and gives you a little bit of relief soon.

I'm still plodding along. 33 weeks now and have needed to slow down over the last couple of weeks. Was going to the gym around 3 times a week but only managed 2 times a week lately. Hips really starting to hurt and I'm exhausted. I've continued walking ds1 to and from school everyday which is nearly half an hour round trip so doing that twice a day is keeping me moving. Last day of school for the year tomorrow so won't be walking as much. Will try to get out early in the morning before the heat of the day kicks in and walk the kids to the park during the holidays.

I know what you mean Sunnygirl about the criticism from other people when they see pregnant woman exercising. I get comments all the time when I go to the gym. I loved it at first and was proud that I had energy and was still so active while pregnant, but now it's getting annoying.

I've put on more weight than I wanted to this pregnancy and can definitely notice it in my legs and bum. I'm up about 11kgs with 7 weeks to go but not letting it get me down. I'm staying as active as I can, eating pretty good and will work to lose the weight once Bub is out. I'm never going to be pregnant again after this so trying to enjoy the last couple of months of it 😊
    Staying a bit active is the key I think - not that I'm an expert this is number 1 for me but it makes sense, can't be bad for you!!

That's so true embrace it while ur in it! I've tried not to freak out to much about my body changing and I'm 95% enjoying being pregnant but every now and then that little voice my head starts talking lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    God hopefully!!

I'm not food with swimming as I don't like myself in bathers on a good day let alone now that I'm "blossoming" everywhere 😂😂
    Oh I would hate for anyone to be around with a camera. Lol. But I grew up in a region where everyone wears bathers and/or very little in summer (even if they probably shouldn't be) so don't feel too intimidated. There are a lot of women (and men) at the pool that have a lot more to worry about than me, lol 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still jogging 2-3 times a week but getting harder! I wonder how far into the pregnancy people here have got to still jogging?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermelb View Post
    I'm still jogging 2-3 times a week but getting harder! I wonder how far into the pregnancy people here have got to still jogging?
    My first pregnancy I got to about 28 weeks. This time 25? Both times was round ligament pain that stopped me. I feel like I could still run. It just hurts like hell after about 500m. I might try a jog again soon see if it has improved any... I miss it 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been able to jog properly since before I was pregnant...tendinitis in my knee 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear sunny girl, I'd love to get to about 28 or 30 weeks still jogging. Even if it's jog/walk to maintain some kind of fitness. At the moment I'm 19 weeks and main issue is pelvic pressure and having to stop to pee every 20-30 mins! Round ligament pain sounds bad!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to runnermelb For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear sunny girl, I'd love to get to about 28 or 30 weeks still jogging. Even if it's jog/walk to maintain some kind of fitness. At the moment I'm 19 weeks and main issue is pelvic pressure and having to stop to pee every 20-30 mins! Round ligament pain sounds bad!!
    Yes the having to pee thing sucks. I got some relief with that in 2nd trimester but it's back with a vengeance in 3rd trimester 😭. I think the walk/jog thing is a good plan. I jogged a little on my way down from mountain this morning and it felt ok. So might try for a short run this weekend if I am feeling ok, can always stop and walk!

I recently followed a lady on Instagram who ran right through her pregnancy. Inspirational!

I hope you don't get RLP. It's like a bad stitch on the side of your uterus caused by your round ligaments stretching. There's nothing you can do about it, but it does go away when you rest. Some people get it, others don't, I am the former 😣