+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How's everyone going this week? I've barely done anything, 2 x swims and a walk just had no time juggling ftime work, uni and hubby being away. Squeezing workouts into my lunch hour is pretty much the only opportunity I have. Even a quick workout before bed has been out of the question, getting home late and working on assignments until I pass out.
    Anyway enough beating myself up, 2 assignments due this weekend and then I can hopefully at least do some home workouts until DH is back in 3 weeks.

Finding I am feel much more pregnant this time than with DS. Pretty sure I was still doing sit-ups at 15 weeks, I can def not do that this time or even lie on my stomach, I just feel the little person in there. Probably heightened by the fact I've felt early movements this time. Embracing planks, side planks and mountain climbers to keep my core in check for as long as poss.

Being healthy most of the time. I find I am eating a lot more fruit than usual, going to try and curb that this week, stick to Veges etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not great. Ob has asked me to drop my weights. So now only squatting 20-25kg. But I'm so tired. Constantly tired. So this week I've only managed 3x cardio 1x weights and 2x yoga.

Just on 37wks. My daily walks have gone out the window.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Not great. Ob has asked me to drop my weights. So now only squatting 20-25kg. But I'm so tired. Constantly tired. So this week I've only managed 3x cardio 1x weights and 2x yoga.

Just on 37wks. My daily walks have gone out the window.
    37 weeks!! Not long to go! Congrats on getting this far. You should be proud, a majority of us would not be squatting 20kg weights at 30 weeks let alone 37. You're doing just fine.

Be kind to yourself and I am sure you'll bounce back from birth super fast 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    God how inspirational!!
    Good on you!

I've not done much this week but I feel like my eating is finally starting to get back to normal...very slowly mind u, but I feel a turn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    God how inspirational!!
    Good on you!

I've not done much this week but I feel like my eating is finally starting to get back to normal...very slowly mind u, but I feel a turn!
    How are you going Anasi? I hope you are feeling better and nausea has gone.
    Finding it v hard to schedule in workouts this week but am off shortly for a quick lunchtime workout. Have been doing some of mich bridges park workouts since I can't get to a gym. Fitting things into my lunch hour (when I get one that is!) is pretty much the only time I have at present, better than nothing though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fit pregnancy - for those trying to stay for and healthy throughout their pre...

Managed to get to the gym for a pump class this morning. Was good. I didn't get the chance to go at all last week and I felt so sluggish. I'm half way through the pregnancy now and have all my energy back so managed to do all my regular weights at pump on everything except squats. I had to take a bit off and won't be able to add anymore as my back can't handle it due to no core strength.

I'm starting to eat a bit better now the weather is warming up. I feel like fruit smoothies and salad wraps instead of hot heavy foods. Still have a massive sweet tooth though which doesn't help.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-09-2015),sunnygirl79  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Managed to get to the gym for a pump class this morning. Was good. I didn't get the chance to go at all last week and I felt so sluggish. I'm half way through the pregnancy now and have all my energy back so managed to do all my regular weights at pump on everything except squats. I had to take a bit off and won't be able to add anymore as my back can't handle it due to no core strength.

I'm starting to eat a bit better now the weather is warming up. I feel like fruit smoothies and salad wraps instead of hot heavy foods. Still have a massive sweet tooth though which doesn't help.
    I wish the weather would warm up here! Sunny qld my a$$. Been drizzly and cool this week. Really looking forward to warmer weather as much as I know it's going to suck being heavily pregnant in jan/feb. Definitely easier to eat healthy in summer.

Did a mb workout yesterday and have nice sure glutes today. Going to try up the ante now ms has gone. Although it will be another week before I can get decent sleep, too many late nights is wrecking me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    totally failing at fit pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks this week, and have already gained 10kg. My belly's not that big, the weight is EVERYWHERE else. I can even see it in my face when I look in the mirror. I lost all self control as soon as I saw those 2 lines it was all over. I really wish I could control myself when it comes to food. Barely exercising either, I get to the gym twice a week and that's about it now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    totally failing at fit pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks this week, and have already gained 10kg. My belly's not that big, the weight is EVERYWHERE else. I can even see it in my face when I look in the mirror. I lost all self control as soon as I saw those 2 lines it was all over. I really wish I could control myself when it comes to food. Barely exercising either, I get to the gym twice a week and that's about it now.
    Don't be too hard on yourself Caz. Am sure it will all fall off once you've given birth. Maybe your body needs the extra weight more than you think it does. I don't think 10k is excessive you are well over half way. Throw the scales away if it's concerning you at all!

How many kids do you have? Am finding it so much harder this time to fit in exercise. With my first pregnant I was only working 2 days a week so had every other day to go to the gym and take 3hr walks with the dog. It was hard not to exercise. This time round I am working f time and studying and trying to fit in time with DS, not easy!

Maybe try do incidental exercise of you can't fit in a workout as such. I take DS out on his bike and I jog along side him (well now it's having to run to keep up, 2 weeks after taking off training wheels and he is flying along!). I park at the furtherest car park from my uni building so I have a good 10-15min walk each way. Some days I just force myself to get up at work and do 50 squats on the spot (or dips, push-ups, lunges etc). Not a workout but better than nothing on those days where I just don't have time. I feel better for it anyway.

Just some suggestions, you have to do what's right for you though. Don't beat yourself up and remember it's what you do from now on that counts, not what you haven't done up to this point 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I am a part time working mum (Mon-Wed) with 3 little ones (5.5, 4 and 2), so I am busy busy busy. I don't stop all day from the time I get up to the time I get them to bed, and after that I really can't be stuffed working out So at the moment I'm only getting in workouts on my 2 days off, at the gym, while the kids are in the creche for an hour.
    Somehow before I was pregnant, I managed to fit in a workout 1 to 2 times a day 6 days a week! God only knows how I did it but I did it. Now I just can't be f'd.