+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    So hungry this week. Trying to stick to fruit/veg for snacks but it's harder than usual! Crazy pregnancy hunger is upon me. Still, beats the nausea!

Still doing a bit of running, swimming and yoga atm. Have done a few Tabata workouts that I have adjusted suitably. I am doing squats instead of jump squats, push-ups instead of burpees, etc. Just listening to my body which is getting tired much more quickly than normal!

I don't have a bump yet but feeling untoned and flabby. Too scared to do sit-ups now so just doing core exercises to try keep a bit of tone while I still can...
    I've been starving too it's such a disaster. And I find I eat my snacks too early then I have nothing left for the arvo...

I started running last week, let good but was so out of breath.

I'm starting to show!! I thought it would freak me out because I've always been so flat but I think it's cute. And I KNOW I'll get those abs back 😄😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    I've been starving too it's such a disaster. And I find I eat my snacks too early then I have nothing left for the arvo...

I started running last week, let good but was so out of breath.

I'm starting to show!! I thought it would freak me out because I've always been so flat but I think it's cute. And I KNOW I'll get those abs back 😄😄
    Yes you will get abs back no worries 😊.

Not really showing yet at least not to anyone that doesn't know me intimately! The area just above my C-scar is normally concave and hollowed and now it's filled out and firm to touch.
    Still flat in the mornings though it's only at night I notice a little roundness starting...

Finding it hard to fit in decent workouts atm and with DH about to go overseas for few weeks it's only going to get harder. So I am trying some shorter home workouts which I can fit in here & there easily. Doing a mix of Tabata style and also started following Mich Bridges (omg) in Instagram as she has some pregnancy workout ideas too. I'm embracing the 15 minute workout, lol. 15 min wasn't even a warmup in days past!

Also getting more anal with diet again as I can stomach pretty much anything again. DH reckons he has put on weight recently (he so hasn't), so it should make it easier to have healthy food this week, he normally complains if there are no carbs lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Good to see you all soldiering on with the fit pregnancy!
    I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and have had the worst nausea and all day morning sickness along with fatigue! I have struggled to do anything remotely fitness. Just walking the dogs and steady state cardio on the bike a few times a week.
    Veges have been near impossible. Due to my body building comp prep before pregnancy, if I even think of sweet potato and broccoli I gag!!!! And baby is definitely craving carbs!!!
    The past 2 days my tummy seems to have settled down with little to no nausea. (It could be because I've started eating more!!)
    So I'm hoping I've turned a corner and can start adding in some weight training again!
    Cx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @clb84 not good you've had such bad nausea, although I think most of us on here can totally relate! It's amazing how growing a little human changes everything and makes you feel so cr@p! Great that you are starting to feel better, most people do by 12 weeks or so (most, not all! Some poor ladies have MS into their 3rd trimester!).
    I am back to eating Veges it did take a while, I hear you re sweet potato I haven't actually tried going back there yet. Maybe will try tonight.
    I had eggs for breakfast this morning for probably the first time since MS and it went down ok, so trying to get back into that habit now (rather than carb heavy porridge or muesli which is all I've been able to stomach first up!).
    Getting back into some half decent training but the fatigue is still plaguing me, the days I work out I am dying for bed by 8pm. And falling asleep at my desk at 3pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'll try giving eggs a go again soon... Meanwhile, told some ladies at work today that I'm expecting and on of the first questions was are you still lifting weights? Well yes!! Why would I stop?? She was like, ohhhh no you shouldn't lift anything heavy while ur pregnant it's only 9 months of your life... Sorry to be rude but I'm not about to take advice from someone that has only ever lifted their fork to their mouth...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    I think I'll try giving eggs a go again soon... Meanwhile, told some ladies at work today that I'm expecting and on of the first questions was are you still lifting weights? Well yes!! Why would I stop?? She was like, ohhhh no you shouldn't lift anything heavy while ur pregnant it's only 9 months of your life... Sorry to be rude but I'm not about to take advice from someone that has only ever lifted their fork to their mouth...!
    😂 lol - unfortunately won't be the last piece of unwanted advice you're going to get whilst pregnant. Once you are obviously pregnant you'll be getting all sorts of random advice from everyone from the service station attendant to a random old lady walking her ****zu. It's so bizarre how everyone thinks they know what's best for YOUR baby!

I always answer that sort of thing with 'oh my obstetrician says its fine'. They can't argue with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    😂 lol - unfortunately won't be the last piece of unwanted advice you're going to get whilst pregnant. Once you are obviously pregnant you'll be getting all sorts of random advice from everyone from the service station attendant to a random old lady walking her ****zu. It's so bizarre how everyone thinks they know what's best for YOUR baby!

I always answer that sort of thing with 'oh my obstetrician says its fine'. They can't argue with that.
    That's exactly what I said! Obs gave me the green light so end of convo! Seriously old wives tales!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I need your help. I'm 36wks today. At what point do you lower your weights at the gym? I still do body pump 1-2x a week and am still doing my usual weights but my instructor is getting anxious about me lifting 20-30kg. I am getting tired but that's pretty normal. This is my third pregnancy so I'm aware of fatigue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Ladies I need your help. I'm 36wks today. At what point do you lower your weights at the gym? I still do body pump 1-2x a week and am still doing my usual weights but my instructor is getting anxious about me lifting 20-30kg. I am getting tired but that's pretty normal. This is my third pregnancy so I'm aware of fatigue.
    Your instructor is prob just worried about liability. If you feel ok and your ob is happy I don't see why you can't keep doing it. You could get a letter from your ob saying it's ok and take to the class, maybe have a chat with the instructor etc.
    I think it's fair enough she is concerned, she doesn't know you or your situation and prob doesn't get many 36 week pregnant ladies!
    Just don't do what I did last pregnancy and completely wear yourself out before labor. I had burning quads and calves all through labor due to a steep mountain climb, which felt fine at the time 41 wks... Wish I'd just stuck to swimming and gentle yoga the last week or 2!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (03-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your instructor is prob just worried about liability. If you feel ok and your ob is happy I don't see why you can't keep doing it. You could get a letter from your ob saying it's ok and take to the class, maybe have a chat with the instructor etc.
    I think it's fair enough she is concerned, she doesn't know you or your situation and prob doesn't get many 36 week pregnant ladies!
    Just don't do what I did last pregnancy and completely wear yourself out before labor. I had burning quads and calves all through labor due to a steep mountain climb, which felt fine at the time 41 wks... Wish I'd just stuck to swimming and gentle yoga the last week or 2!
    I think that's great advice...I can't really comment as this is my first but makes sense to me!
    Good on you both for continuing! You inspire me 😊