+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies do you mind if I join? I'm
    Nearing 6 weeks and still want to keep up my training. Struggling today after a big PT session and 12km walk/run yesterday. Plan to keep doing PT and bootcamp until around 34 weeks if possible. I really enjoy training and came so far to get a lot of weight off before I fell pregnant again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fit pregnancy - for those trying to stay for and healthy throughout their pre...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Nice work! I hope you manage to get your hip issue sorted. Have you had your iron etc tested? Just a thought as could contribute to lack of energy etc? I have been on iron (on top of prenatal vits) since the start as my iron dropped quite low in the 3rd trimester of my first pregnancy. Also vitamin D, but hopefully being pregnant in the qld summer will take care of that for me this time round 😉
    Id forgotten that iron could be why I'm so tired. I was taking a folate/iron tablet for about the first 10 weeks but it clogged me up so much that I stopped taking it. Might get it checked and go back on the tablets if I need to. Even just a basic multi vitamin might help.
    I walk ds1 to and from school which is about a 20 min round trip twice a day so that should be plenty of Vit D.
    Last edited by twolittlemunchkins; 20-08-2015 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Nearing 6 weeks and still want to keep up my training. Struggling today after a big PT session and 12km walk/run yesterday. Plan to keep doing PT and bootcamp until around 34 weeks if possible. I really enjoy training and came so far to get a lot of weight off before I fell pregnant again.
    Welcome BabyG4 and congrats on your pregnancy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Welcome! Look after yourself, not sure about you but for me between 7-10 weeks I couldn't do much more than walk as working out made me want to spew (and continue for hours after). So you're doing great if you manage to avoid the nausea/ms!

I think it's possible to keep working out until full term as long as you don't have any complications etc. but also to recognise when your body is telling you it needs to rest!

I remember cursing myself during my labor with DS. My quads/calves were burning because I'd done a mountain climb a few days earlier, at 41 weeks! I completely ignored any advice to 'rest up' before labor, lol.

Nonetheless, if I can keep running and climbing mountains I will. But I might lay off in those last few weeks...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow what an effort doing a mountain climb only days before giving birth @sunnygirl79. Hopefully the pain in your legs gave you some distraction at times from labour.
    This will be my 5th child but first pregnancy I have decided to stay fit and active for. I will also be having a c/s so want to bounce back pretty fast from that too.
    Luckily I have never experienced MS before, hoping it's the same this time around too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I'm so jealous you are eating greens!!! I LOVE my vegies but this kid wants nothing to do with it! (Just like its father!) driving me nuts. I'm currently living in oats and berries for breaky, avo, cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch and whatever I can get my hands on for dinner. Always bloody hungry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm struggling with veggies too. Usually I steam a heap to go with whatever meat dish we have for dinner but I'll pick at them and leave most on the plate. I've discovered that raw veggies are so much nicer at the moment so tonight while everyone is having a side of steamed veg, I've got raw carrot and raw green beans. Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Veges thing is only recent. I am more interested and raw veg and salads. But did force myself some blanched broccoli at dinner and it went down fine. Still struggling to get back to eggs for breaky. I'm now on oats or muesli and yoghurt. Pre-pregnancy I was either eggs w spinach, avo and mushrooms or a green smoothy. When I wake up now none of those things appeal...
    Baby likes carbs 😂

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hungry this week. Trying to stick to fruit/veg for snacks but it's harder than usual! Crazy pregnancy hunger is upon me. Still, beats the nausea!

Still doing a bit of running, swimming and yoga atm. Have done a few Tabata workouts that I have adjusted suitably. I am doing squats instead of jump squats, push-ups instead of burpees, etc. Just listening to my body which is getting tired much more quickly than normal!

I don't have a bump yet but feeling untoned and flabby. Too scared to do sit-ups now so just doing core exercises to try keep a bit of tone while I still can...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    The Veges thing is only recent. I am more interested and raw veg and salads. But did force myself some blanched broccoli at dinner and it went down fine. Still struggling to get back to eggs for breaky. I'm now on oats or muesli and yoghurt. Pre-pregnancy I was either eggs w spinach, avo and mushrooms or a green smoothy. When I wake up now none of those things appeal...
    Baby likes carbs 😂
    Omg I'm the same! Can't stomach and omelette anymore! Blahhhh