+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Went for a run tonight - first one in about 2 weeks as I have been so sick and awful. It felt great!! So glad to be back and moving again. Hoping I can be back to running regularly, even if my distances are a fraction of what they used to be. Is anyone else planning on running through pregnancy? I am hoping to run at least until 3rd trimester (which is where I had to swap for walking due to round ligament pain with DS).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Went for a run tonight - first one in about 2 weeks as I have been so sick and awful. It felt great!! So glad to be back and moving again. Hoping I can be back to running regularly, even if my distances are a fraction of what they used to be. Is anyone else planning on running through pregnancy? I am hoping to run at least until 3rd trimester (which is where I had to swap for walking due to round ligament pain with DS).
    I want to run during my pregnancy I've just been really sapped of energy lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    I want to run during my pregnancy I've just been really sapped of energy lately.
    Last week running was completely out of the question for me too. Give it time, hopefully you start feeling better soon. I could well wake up in 2 days feeling crap and not able to run - just trying to be positive and hoping I have see the back of the 1st trimester nausea and tiredness...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Last week running was completely out of the question for me too. Give it time, hopefully you start feeling better soon. I could well wake up in 2 days feeling crap and not able to run - just trying to be positive and hoping I have see the back of the 1st trimester nausea and tiredness...
    I've had tendinitis in my knee so haven't been able to run in ages but hoping to try tomorrow. My nausea has eased up only hits when I'm hungry last week was great then over the weekend it hit me again. Feeling you on the tiredness tho about 3pm each day I'm ready for a nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been seeing a PT 3X a week for many months and I'm trying to continue whilst I feel up to it. We used to do very high intensity interval training and weights, but the moment I told her I was pregnant she is handling me like I'm fragile. At least I'm not overdoing it I guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Critz For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Critz View Post
    I've been seeing a PT 3X a week for many months and I'm trying to continue whilst I feel up to it. We used to do very high intensity interval training and weights, but the moment I told her I was pregnant she is handling me like I'm fragile. At least I'm not overdoing it I guess.
    It's a big difference hey. I was doing the same before my last pregnancy. At first we tried to keep my training basically the same but it made me almost pass out and I would spend the rest of the day hugging the toilet. So he adjusted the workouts but after a while I felt I could do it by myself in the gym ie why pay all that money when I couldn't really push myself anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply girls!
    DP has been supportive with my hormonal breakdowns!! I'm still in a spin with what I want to eat vs. what my body will actually allow me to eat without being sick!
    Last night was the first night I took the dogs for a walk and run around the park. Was good to get out in the fresh air and I slept a lot better last night!
    Going to head back to the gym tonight!! Fingers crossed my morning sickness that hits me at 5pm doesn't show up!!!
    I'm seeing my BB coach this Friday and he's going to take me through a modified version of my program safe for pregnancy!! I was seeing him twice a week pre-preg I might cut him out now to save the $$ DP is a PE teacher and is more than happy to train me!!
    I'd love to run but suffered from shin splints really bad last year. I've also noticed my hips are really hurting. I might stick to bike for now!!
    Cx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has been a bit quiet this week - hope everyone is feeling ok! My MS has eased and as such I have started eating pretty healthy meals again (greens! Oh how I've missed you!) and managing a bit of protein too. Last night I had my first pregnancy hunger attack mid-way through a lecture, which unfortunately resulted in me eating something less-than-ideal (I had a cupcake for dinner. Omg!). I forgot just how crazy pregnancy hunger can get. Note to self, always carry healthy snacks in bag in case of emergency!
    I had packed a broccoli salad for lunch (in stacks of ice etc to keep it fresh) but didn't pack dinner. Was at uni from 8am until 9pm it's so hard to cater for such a long day, with limited facilities etc. so glad my late night lectures will be over in a week.
    Today I'm boiling eggs and making salad snacking plates to keep me satisfied while at work.
    How is everyone else doing this week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been pretty good with getting to the gym a few times a week. Have lost so much strength and energy though but feel good just doing something. I've lightened a lot of my weights in pump class and take breaks when I need to. 16 weeks now so fingers crossed my energy comes back soon. Losing so much strength and energy never happened with my other pregnancies, this one is tough.

Haven't had a chance to get to the gym this week though due to hip pain. I really hope it hasn't set in for the rest of the pregnancy. Booking in to see a physio next week so hopefully that helps. So far I've only put on 1kg so happy with that. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I've been pretty good with getting to the gym a few times a week. Have lost so much strength and energy though but feel good just doing something. I've lightened a lot of my weights in pump class and take breaks when I need to. 16 weeks now so fingers crossed my energy comes back soon. Losing so much strength and energy never happened with my other pregnancies, this one is tough.

Haven't had a chance to get to the gym this week though due to hip pain. I really hope it hasn't set in for the rest of the pregnancy. Booking in to see a physio next week so hopefully that helps. So far I've only put on 1kg so happy with that. 😊
    Nice work! I hope you manage to get your hip issue sorted. Have you had your iron etc tested? Just a thought as could contribute to lack of energy etc? I have been on iron (on top of prenatal vits) since the start as my iron dropped quite low in the 3rd trimester of my first pregnancy. Also vitamin D, but hopefully being pregnant in the qld summer will take care of that for me this time round 😉