+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default After 2+ years of your child not consistently sleeping through...

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty over it by now. My first bub slept through from 8 weeks and never regressed, so this whole working-full-time-with-broken-sleep thing is doing my head in! When he's well he usually sleeps through 3-5 nights a week, but he gets sick a lot. He's a fussy eater but has gotten heaps better and I think I was hoping that would help, but he can have an amazing day where he eats loads then still wakes crying for a bottle at any random time. I don't get up to his every cry as he can and does resettle sometimes, only when he's been calling out for more than 15 minutes or if he's sounding distressed.

I'm just trying to work out if I'm missing something.
    I really empathise Stretched. If someone had mentioned to me during the newborn stage that dd would still not be sleeping through consistently at 2.5 it would of tipped me over the edge.

I'm preggars and have to get up a few days a week for work at 5am, so if she needs me around 4am, I often don't fall back asleep - or I do as my alarm goes off! I ignore the grizzles but since she's verbal it's SO much harder to tune out MUMMY CUDDLES MUMMY CUDDLES!!!Cute, but not at 1am!

Dd is also a fussy, terrible eater, especially in the late afternoon/evenings. She's just not interested at all in dinner. Past couple of weeks she's started to drink a cup of milo before bed but it hasn't seemed to change anything.

I just don't understand why she wakes some nights struggling to resettle- and other nights there's not a peep?!?
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 07-07-2015 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @Stretched have you had his tonsils and adenoids checked? A friend of mind has a 3.5 year old who recently had his out and he went from being a wakeful toddler to sleeping through the night and even with a 6 month old baby waking and crying in his room!

She tried everything to get him sleeping better but nothing worked until his operation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    For DS1 what changed was me taking him back to bed and explaining I needed more space because I was pregnant with DS2. DS2 is 2.5 and I can not get him to stay asleep in his own bed. I think it would improve if I could wean him but he is so stubborn and refuses to give it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    @Stretched have you had his tonsils and adenoids checked? A friend of mind has a 3.5 year old who recently had his out and he went from being a wakeful toddler to sleeping through the night and even with a 6 month old baby waking and crying in his room!

She tried everything to get him sleeping better but nothing worked until his operation!
    Did she have a sleep study done first?

DD has had her tonsils out as she had recurrent tonsillitis and ear infections. DS gets sick a lot and often develops ear infections but only one bout of tonsillitis so far. He does have large tonsils like DD did though. DS doesn't normally snore or breathe noisily at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I don't think so but his were enlarged which is the only reason they investigated further and took them out.