+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default After 2+ years of your child not consistently sleeping through...

... what changed so that they finally started sleeping through all the time? Especially when they still needed at least 1 overnight milk feed to stay settled. New routine? Food? Health? Teeth? Sleep space?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was 2 when I went os for 7 days for a work trip. When I came back he was sleeping through.

I kind of think DH didn't hear him tbh or maybe he just figured I wasn't there and he just stopped. Not really sure but I was so happy especially with killer jet lag. I hope you work it out, it's so hard when they still wake consistently after 2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd (almost 2.5) started sleeping through a couple of weeks after I weaned her at 2 years. No other change. She used to wake most nights once (around 4ish) for some boob and back to sleep. On some nights it was more.

HOWEVER, She still doesn't consistently sleep through, maybe 4-5 nights a week, other nights she can call out at random times for a cuddle or kiss....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD started sleeping through at around 2. Nothing was different, it happened gradually. Even now she's almost 4 and still wakes at least once a week, obviously not feeding anymore but she has night terrors sometimes (especially after a really big day or if she stays up too late) or just needs a hug. DS is 11mo and still feeds twice a night most nights (formula fed), we are working on reducing that to one. I have zero expectation of him sleeping through any time soon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD started sleeping through at 2.5 (apart from a blissful month of sleep when she was 16mths and night weaned). We had moved her into a bed just before that time so I think that's what helped.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 is three and a half & only sleeps through about half the time.....I'm still to with him three or four nights a week once or twice...I figure he'll stop night waking when he's ready to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey'sMummy For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forcibly night weened my eldest at 20 months, he was waking constantly at that stage,
    At 2 he was finally sleeping through

ds2 is 21 m an I am determined to night ween him starting today,

At this age if theyre eating well they dont *need* that milk feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    I forcibly night weened my eldest at 20 months, he was waking constantly at that stage,
    At 2 he was finally sleeping through

ds2 is 21 m an I am determined to night ween him starting today,

At this age if theyre eating well they dont *need* that milk feed.
    I need to do this. But I can't bring myself to put up with the crying :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing really helped with my oldest, but time. I guess cosleeping helped a little but it didn't make him sleep through or anything. He was over 5 yrs before we consistently got him sleeping through.

My youngest was a lot simpler. She was waking hourly with my during the nights and when I got a bad cold and constant morning sickness dh took over night time settling. They still slept next to each other, but I guess she knew it wasn't me and just didn't bother waking anymore. She is 15 months now and sleeps through.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm pretty over it by now. My first bub slept through from 8 weeks and never regressed, so this whole working-full-time-with-broken-sleep thing is doing my head in! When he's well he usually sleeps through 3-5 nights a week, but he gets sick a lot. He's a fussy eater but has gotten heaps better and I think I was hoping that would help, but he can have an amazing day where he eats loads then still wakes crying for a bottle at any random time. I don't get up to his every cry as he can and does resettle sometimes, only when he's been calling out for more than 15 minutes or if he's sounding distressed.

I'm just trying to work out if I'm missing something.