+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post

Just worries me given it is 7am now and he is still asleep. What do you do in that situation? Take him in his pjs with no breakfast? Or would you make sure he is awake at least half hour earlier? (Meeting is later in the we) do you think ds would struggle being there an extra hour? He is normally at daycare just under 9 hours but this would push it out to 10 hours with an early start.
    My kids don't mind the very early or very late finish. They are usually there 6.15am-5pm. Whilst I try to get them dressed I have dropped them off on pjs when they stuff around. They always eat Brekky at daycare. Occ if I know I will be late I pack them dinner too and daycare gives them dinner at 5pm. They have been doing this since 2.5&7mths old.

I think your ds will be fine.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBH View Post
    How old is your DS? Does he enjoy daycare after you are gone? He will likely be fine for an extra hour, I wouldn't worry too much. Get him up earlier & go to the meeting. I would ask your boss if you could finish a little earlier than afternoon & pick DS up early.
    He is 21 months. Most days he enjoys daycare though the afternoon is his worst time. When i get there to pick him up he is often sitting by the door sobbing. They tell me he quite often does that. They try distract him but mostly doesn't work and they dont have any others that do it.

I am probably over analysing and worrying about nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Given that it's a once-off meeting I would do the earlier drop-off and go to the meeting. Especially if you're feeling like an outsider, missing these team meetings will likely make you feel further disconnected. If it was every week it would be a different story.

Your DS will be ok, he might have a longer sleep at daycare that day or be a little grumpy that night but he'll be fine. It's probably harder on you really!

Maybe even check with your daycare centre, see if they are happy for him to arrive in PJs and have breaky there on this occasion. My centre would be fine with it but they don't like parents making a habit of bringing their kids in PJs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just take DS in Pjs and get them to give him breakfast there. Given its a once a year thing I wouldn't bother asking to finish early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I am planning on ringing daycare to check and make sure its ok just have to wait until he goes down for a nap. I guess like any mum i just hate being away from him longer than i have too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does daycare do breakfast? Mine does until 7.30. I get him there around 7, so all I have to do is change him and drop him off and not stuff around trying to feed him.

Also just wondering, if he struggles with afternoons perhaps the earlier drop off/pick up will be easier on him anyway (if you are able to leave a bit earlier).

I'd go if it was just a once off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Daycare can give him breakfast as long as i provide it. Hopefully i can leave a bit earlier to lessen the strain on pick up time for both of us