+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler Sleeping and Parent Seperation

My husband and I seperated around two weeks ago and in the past week I have not been able to get DD who is 22 months to sleep in her cot. She will only sleep in bed with me. Could she be noticing what is going on? How do I get her to start sleeping in her cot? When I do put her in her cot she just screams and calls out for me..
    Last edited by rubytuesday24; 07-07-2015 at 06:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes she has noticed. I know both my girls sleep more in my bed just after dad has left. Takes 3-5 days to get them back in their beds and then he turns up again.

So now I don't bother. I don't care where they sleep as long as they sleep.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'd say she has noticed and may also be vibing off your mood and would like to be close to you to offer you comfort and to have reassurance.

I have been through the same - it's a very rough time I know. Fwiw I wouldn't be pushing her to sleep alone again for a little while (I know that's frustrating), but having your DD feel secure as soon as possible will pay off in the long run.

I hope you're doing ok.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would just leave her for now if you're okay with that.

Dd spends the majority of the night in my bed and the whole night in her dad's bed at his house, I think she just feels safe sleeping with either one of us so we just go with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just worried of the difficulties I will have getting her back inti her own room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Bub is probably picking up on how you are feeling. Perhaps you need the cuddles from Bub at the moment? If you want bub to sleep in the cot then try your best to consistently stick with the exactly same bedtime routine night after night.

Hang in there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha
    My DS is nearly 10...he moved into my room when H and I seperated 18mths ago...he still hasn't left! Its comforting to him and doesn't bother me..there have been times i have kicked him out back to his own room (like when one of us is unwell) but he keeps coming back. Oh well, I'm sure he wont be there when he's 18....hopefully!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rubytuesday24 View Post
    Im just worried of the difficulties I will have getting her back inti her own room
    In the huge scheme of going thru a separation, is bedsharing that big a deal for you?

I know my kids miss dh very much when he is away and cling to me like barnacles. I much rather comfort them to my best than worry about a mythical problem I may have later.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't he just sleep in the bed with you?