+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The people who used to live in our house live 2kms away.
    We receive bank statements, insurance papers, stuff for their business, bills, everything.
    They own a building business and she is an accountant - not stupid people yet haven't cared about their mail.
    The first pile I gave to my dad to give the guy as he coaches him football. The guys response was 'just tell her to bin it all'. So I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it is one of those things that would have to be impossible (or bloody close to it) to prove though. like if someone accused me of throwing away someone else's mail, you'd just point blank deny it ever arriving. where's the proof it was definitely delivered? even if it's addressed, there's no way of knowing if your mail got lost. plus I doubt the time/cost involved in pursuing such a charge would really be worth anyone's while. I'm happy to continue to toss people's mail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is so annoying, we get loads of mail for multiple previous tenants. We did the right thing and did RTS not at this address for months and months and it did decrease. However some places just kept sending it anyway. We ended up ringing a few places but now we bin it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't care if it's illegal. There is no way I'm wasting my time going to a post office and waiting in queue or ringing people and telling them that a tenant from 6 years ago doesn't live here anymore. They only come occasionally now and i just rip it up and bin it. Their problem. I would only rts important stuff. One person had their rego notice sent to my house!! which means they didn't bother changing their address on . their license!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The lady in my office doesn't even look at the front of the envelopes, just rips them open 😱. I do still send them on after over a year but I get guilty feelings over everything, bl00dy hopeless I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've been in our house over 4 years now, and still get at least one piece of mail per day! It's addressed to 6 different people so I'm guessing the last two sets of tenants!!! I put it straight in the otto bin!