+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you rest when sick?

I have had a horrible cough for a month now, went back to the GP today and I have bronchitis. She's concerned that I'm headed for pneumonia. I'm on antibiotics and have been told to rest. Turns out I'm crap at resting!

Do you rest when sick? How?? I have 2 kids, almost 1 and almost 4, and everything that comes along with that. Cleaning, washing etc, there's always something that needs doing. I don't have anyone who can help (except DH but he works long hours).

I've tried to tell myself to lie on the couch 3 times since I got home from the Dr but then the washing machine finishes, or the dishwasher needs emptying, or I notice a mess under the couch that DD made earlier!

The kids are in daycare today so I really should rest but I don't get much opportunity to get things done when they're home with me.

I really should be doing some reading for Uni too, it starts next week! Gah!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I try to rest. Even if only getting to bed a little earlier, letting some not so pressing things wait until recovered. Do the very essential washing, don't clean the bathroom for a couple of days, canned soup and toast for dinner won't kill anyone.

If it makes you feel better, while the kids are away lie on the couch and read your uni books. But like down and take it easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not as much as I should. I really recommend you do, though. I had pneumonia back in 2012 and it was really hard parenting while so sick. I was on antibiotics for over six weeks straight as I just couldn't kick it. It really did feel like death. Please avoid that if possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm pretty good.
    Usually DF can stay home so I don't do a thing.
    If he can not stay home I still do the bare minimum. Dvd days, super easy food and that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm facing this dilemma right now!

I've been sick for almost 2 weeks with a persistent cold. I don't feel like I've rested all that much. I took one day off work when I was at my worst, however DH did a 12 hour shift that day so I still had to look after DS and his needs (he's been sick too!).

It's tough to fully 'rest' when you're a parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Not as much as I should. I really recommend you do, though. I had pneumonia back in 2012 and it was really hard parenting while so sick. I was on antibiotics for over six weeks straight as I just couldn't kick it. It really did feel like death. Please avoid that if possible!
    Yikes, I hope I don't get that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends if I have a good series to watch or not. If I have a series to watch, I can easily stay in bed for the majority of the day.

If I don't, I find it hard to rest and I end up doing housework or laundry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please please please rest! I have pneumonia now after a cough for a month and carrying on as normal. It's awful and scary and has ruined the holidays for me. Do you have anyone that can help with the kid/chores?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I sure do. I spend most of the day in bed either asleep or watching movies/tv shows online to pass the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest! Right now. It's the perfect time with your kids out. Get a cleaner too.

I rest as often as I can, it's so important to me staying well and functioning.

Now go and lie down!