+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 month old waking 2-3 times in first 3 hours of sleep - why?

My DD goes to bed at 7pm and most of the time will self settle in her cot or I may have to go in and offer a very short pat while she is in the cot to get her off to sleep, she is not rocked or fed to sleep. She also self settles for her naps in the day and I know she can resettle herself in the day as she does it for her morning nap and sleeps 2 hours.

She has a consistent night time routine of dinner, bath, feed, quiet play and then bed. However she wakes every 45 - 90 mins for the first 3 hours of her sleep. If I go in quickly she just needs a couple of pats and then she is back to sleep, if I leave her then she gets distressed and takes even longer to resettle. Oh and it has to be me that goes in, if hubby tries it is just lots of crying until I go in.

After the magic 3 hour mark she stays asleep and wakes for a feed anywhere from 12 - 2am and then usually another 3-4 hours after that. I don't mind having to feed her once or twice overnight but the constant waking in the first part of the evening means I can't go to bed early to try and catch up on sleep and leaving her with anyone else is out of the question.

Anyone got any suggestions or similar experiences?? I am very close to hiring a sleep consultant because I am out of answers and things to try.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome to the 8mth sleep regression. A combination of separation anxiety and development.

It will pass.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 9.5 month old DS2 is exactly the same, but with more wakeups. I have no advice because I just go down the path of least resistance and comfort him when he wakes. He won't settle for DP either. Very draining. Sorry I can't help! You aren't alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS2 is a bit like this too, he is 9 months. Although we are getting a few nights now where he doesn't wake. I would just keep doing what you're doing, it will pass.