+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default At the movies today.....A vent.

While watching the Minion movie, there was a mum towards the front of the cinema on Facebook on her phone for most of the movie. Her screen was shining in my eyes for much of the movie. Because I was there alone with dd I couldn't really go down and ask her to put the phone away or go out and get a staff member, unless I was prepared to uproot dd and our drinks etc.

If you are ever bored in a kid movie, and feel tempted to look at your phone.... Please don't.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-07-2015),Mamasupial  (06-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I would have thrown some malteasers at her until she got the message.

But seriously at least turn the screen brightness down!
    Definitely no attempt was made to turn the brightness down.... She wasn't even holding it down on her lap, it was up at chest height. Grrr.

But, even though I had no malteasers, those bad boys are like gold. I would have sooner thrown my own phone at her than those delicious balls of chocolate malty goodness.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (06-07-2015),btmacxxx  (06-07-2015),CakeyMumma  (06-07-2015),CazHazKidz  (06-07-2015),FrothyFrog  (06-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (06-07-2015),Mamasupial  (06-07-2015),wobbleyhorse  (06-07-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How thoughtless. I'd have been annoyed too. I'm getting ragey now just thinking about how distracted I would have been by it the entire movie! And by the end of it I'd be fuming and ready to give her the stink eye, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one of those mums too and it was the minion movie!!
    Although she had turned the brightness down it was still bright and still really annoying!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just would have called out for her to put the phone down. Phones in cinemas are so annoying. If I check mine at all I do it inside my handbag on my lap so no one else is disturbed....but I only do it to check the time or if I'm waiting for an important text.
    I hate when people take photos in the cinema...the flash blinds everyone around them and I'm sorry, but do you need a bad photo (never seen a good one) to document the time you went to see a movie? If it's that important get one outside the cinema.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I have a friend who asks me to go to the movies all the time. Then sits on phone whole time? I now say turn your phone off before we go in.. 2 hours of texting in fast furious annoying!

That would of ****ed me off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Omg I have a friend who asks me to go to the movies all the time. Then sits on phone whole time? I now say turn your phone off before we go in.. 2 hours of texting in fast furious annoying!

That would of ****ed me off
    Why pay to see a movie and then not pay attention to it? I would not tell her to turn her phone off....I would confiscate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was me the other day......... Freaking terrible movie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So rude! I would have yelled out to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dad in front of me at the Shaun the Sheep movie spent the whole movie on social media too. It was so distracting because he was directly in front of me. He was Snapchatting, face booking, instagramming, the works.