+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    While driving dd1 to school after she missed the bus this little gem popped into my head: post mortem photography is fascinating. I wonder if the reason people of yesteryear didn't smile in photos is because of the post mortem photography. Photos were expensive then and most of the time the photos that were taken were post mortem ones because that's the only time people would spend money on something so expensive and obviously there was no smiling. So I wonder if that's why all photos were no smiling. Because photos were mostly for remembering our were associate with the dead and to smile was considered poor form.
    Some of it has to do with the really long exposure times that were needed to. Easier to have a solemn look than maintain a smile.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (05-08-2015),SuperGranny  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I think I read something along those lines too now you say it. That's why the photos of those who passed were often clearer than their living relatives standing beside them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading the other thread (and not wanting to derail)...

I'm wondering if alcohol is transmitted into colostrum? There is so little to it and it feels like it's already there.

I'm sure it is but at the same rate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    It appears the chickens have pushed open their enclosure door after eating a dove that found its way in somehow. All chickens accounted for, dog was inside when all this happened, only feathers to be found are not chicken feathers, cats don't generally venture into our yard because of the dogs in neighboring properties, no chance of other predatory animals getting in the yard without getting stuck in it. If it were a cat then why didn't it go for the slower, flightless chicken than the faster flying dove?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Prince Charles has lady knees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why does plucking my own eyebrows cause me to sneeze every time? I usually get them waxed/shaped, but if I pluck out some strays here and there, I sneeze without fail so I am plucking and blowing my nose from the sneezing.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we came home last night to find strange white feathers around our back door. ?? we don't have chickens, or any dogs that might have 'brought ' home a dead bird. ?? haven't found any dead bird? wonder why some creature would corner a bird at our back door. ?? we live on acreage with no fences between properties, so it could have had a meal anywhere without leaving feathers??? I might investigate, but then I might not. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    we came home last night to find strange white feathers around our back door. ?? we don't have chickens, or any dogs that might have 'brought ' home a dead bird. ?? haven't found any dead bird? wonder why some creature would corner a bird at our back door. ?? we live on acreage with no fences between properties, so it could have had a meal anywhere without leaving feathers??? I might investigate, but then I might not. marie.
    I just found a dead bird, must go with the feathers I found again. It wasn't a pretty sight at all. It was really gruesome. I gave it a burial. Not sure if it was our cats that did it or the neighbours cat who has been frequenting our place a bit lately while it's owners were away for a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So many people are commenting that I'm losing weight but my clothes feel tighter. Not sure why that is.. Maybe a confidence thing. I feel better but I really don't think I have lost weight. That's my random thought anyway.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my oldest son is moving to Sydney. he has a job to go to so that is a good thing. how long the job lasts is a question. ? but I wish him well. I will miss him, but my bank balance should be happy. marie.