+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do you ever kick your OH out of the bedroom?

And if so, for what reasons?

I just told DH to find somewhere else to sleep tonight. It feels oddly satisfying 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    what was the reason? if you don't mind sharing of course.

haven't personally kicked dh out of the bed/bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't kick him out per say as I went to bed before him. But I didn't want to share my bed with him tonight.

Reason is that he's not sharing the newborn caring load much so I'm p1ssed at him.
    Also I'd rather have the whole bed for me than having him happily snore next to me when my newborn caring shift continues into the night and his shift has ended 3 days ago. 😡

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (05-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-07-2015),wobbleyhorse  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH did choose to sleep in the spare room in the early newborn stages with ds (when he went back to work) but didn't with dd.

The only time I'd ever 'kick' him out of bed is if I was really angry with him but having said that he would refuse to go anyway and I'd be the one sleeping in the spare room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried to a couple of times over the last 20 years of our relationship but he just tells me it's his bed too and ignores my request. It's really f'ing annoyig but he's right. If he tried to kick me out I'd tell him to get stuffed too.
    I hope your DH picks up his act asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do when we have a newborn. Our agreement is he tends to the older child/children during the night and I do the baby. As I breastfeed there isn't much he could do anyway. I like having my space in those first couple months at night time, so yes he sleeps elsewhere, it doesn't bother him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I didn't kick him out per say as I went to bed before him. But I didn't want to share my bed with him tonight.

Reason is that he's not sharing the newborn caring load much so I'm p1ssed at him.
    Also I'd rather have the whole bed for me than having him happily snore next to me when my newborn caring shift continues into the night and his shift has ended 3 days ago. 😡
    I've done that as well. It truly sh!tted me when dh did that after our second was born. He was super hands on with our first and became captain oblivious with our second.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done many times but he very rarely listens and sleeps elsewhere. It's because he has back/knee/joint problems and the mattress in the spare bedroom "cripples" him. So refuses to sleep on it. I'm the one that has to take myself off elsewhere if I don't want to be near him!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have but only because he works early and if our son is unsettled it's easier for me to just bring him into our.. So I kick him out into ds bed so we all get some sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Loving those partners who won't go somewhere else when told to haha
    I think I would leave either if DH was telling me to. Too stubborn and our bed is so comfy...!

RA that is exactly it. He tells me he will get the newborn and 5 min later she is still sitting there wailing. So I tend to her and he shows up 15 min later telling me he'd have taken her if I had given him the chance.
    So I'm supposed to sit there while my boobs are about to explode and my heart go to pieces listening to a newborn wail?!
    Then he wants to take her but I have done all the hard work of settling her and she is happy and cooing. No reaping the rewards from me mate 😝