+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    These posts are very reassuring!

I'm having my csection at 3pm so I'm going to aim to be up the next morning and having a shower. I'm about 9kg less than what I was when I had DS so I'm hoping that will be beneficial along with eating a range of really nutritious meals and green smoothies.
    3pm today!??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had one elective c section and didn't get up till next day (24hrs) as hospital insisted. But afterwards I felt great. Recovery was really easy. Much easier than recovery from my v births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My experience has been a bit different. I found my recovery from emergency c section with ds1 was easy, was up and about next day and pretty much back to normal without pain meds by a week. This time around I'm 12 days post elective and it has been so much more painful. Could hardly move for first 24 hours and have had a lot more pain so been dosing up on pain killers whole time. However today I am feeling a lot better and have been weaning down the pain meds.

I think it shows how everyone is so different and for me I think cutting through scar tissue etc made it worse than first time. Don't want to be negative but just wanted to prepare you all the same as I had heard from a friend that her second was worse so I was expecting it and didn't get too upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I had an Elective to deliver DD (for no medical reason...shock, horror!! LOL) who was born not long before 10.30 am. Feeling returned within a couple of hours and I was up that night at 7.30pm where I had the catheter out then had a shower sitting down in a chair around 8-8.30pm.

The pain was at it's worst in the first couple of days for me. For the first 24 hours it was pethidine that I self administered, then onto Endone every 4 hours which was just fine as long as I kept the meds up. I only had another couple of doses of that when I got home then went onto Panadol.

I could walk around/drive and do everything just fine when I got home (which was 4 days after bub was born) but was very careful bending up or down or getting in and out of chairs etc which I did more as a preventative then because I was in any real pain. My scar healed with no issues as well

Good Luck Luv!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-07-2015 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've had 3 electives now and each time it became easier. With my first it was terrible, partly bc it didn't realise how sore I was going to be. With my 2nd it was much better but I found getting in and out of bed hurt until about 6 weeks. This last time 3 months ago I felt great from 2 weeks and just had panadol and nurofen in hospital. It seems quite common that women are dosed to the eye balls with heavy drugs, but I found it enough.

This time I was allowed a shower a few hours after the op, but kept my catheter in until the morning.

Just keep on top of the pain, get moving asap but don't overdo it, and make sure you have a gentle laxative before the op so you can pass and get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your hospital allows it, have your baby sleep in the nursery overnight and brought in for feeds. I found it really saved me from trying to sit up and then lifting the baby. I can't tell you how many times I was stuck like a turtle on its back, with a baby on my chest and unable to sit up to put it back onto its bassinet, before I worked out the overnight nursery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 electives cos that was my birth plan... what i wanted... first was worst cos all was unknown and scary u think... second recovery was rough cos my son was 4.5kgs and nearly broke me lol... and 3rd time was twin boys and it was the best one, i had the boys at 8am and by 8pm i was ready to get up to the loo cos my catheter fell out...lol... just make sure u keep up ure pain relief on time. ... and dont over do it. Good luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an elective and it was great. DS was born at 8.30am and I was on my feet and having a shower at 6pm.

Home on day 5 and normal service resumed! Out walking with the pram on day 6 and driving within 2 weeks although probably could have been sooner. No problems lifting the baby capsule in and out of the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @babyla ! xx