+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive used taxis before without a child restraint when I only had the one. Meh it didn't bother me.

The rule is like that to help tourists and ppl who suddenly don't have their cars for whatever reason or who can't drive.

I've done the SAHM thing with 1, 2 and next year 3 kids with no car.

Emergencies - call an ambulance. Otherwise it's a walking/public transport thing if you do not want to use taxis.

You can't use taxis if you have more than one child per adult. So that excludes me on all accounts now.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post

You can't use taxis if you have more than one child per adult. So that excludes me on all accounts now.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    In what state? I've never heard of that and have put my three kids in a taxi with just me. Is it age dependent?

OP...if your baby needed medical assistance that urgently that you couldn't walk or catch a bus to see a doctor, then you would call for an ambulance.
    Last edited by Full House; 04-07-2015 at 08:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have my license until I had 3 kids and the youngest was a toddler. I found it really easy actually. I walked everywhere and got public transport when I had to.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Its legal in Qld too to not have him in a child restraint in a taxi. Id never do it though unless it was life or death. Taxis arent exempt from crashes, so its a stupid & dangerous law in my opinion
    It may be, but in an emergency I'd use one which is what I thought you were asking :-)

I have no public transport where I am and half the roads don't have footpaths. An ambulance could be an hour away.

Actually in an emergency I'd break the law and drive my car if I had to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    In what state? I've never heard of that and have put my three kids in a taxi with just me. Is it age dependent?

OP...if your baby needed medical assistance that urgently that you couldn't walk or catch a bus to see a doctor, then you would call for an ambulance.
    That's what I was told up here in qld when I rang up yellow cabs to ask. Yes it's age dependent. As I had 2 under 2 and now soon 3 under 5yrs old.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Full House  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have one car and dp needs it for work.
    I walk or catch a bus and/or train.