+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had a few moments that I wasn't proud of in yelling at my beautiful ds1. Then I started applying the same rules to myself as I do him. We have a no yelling rule and yes when I yell I go in the 'corner' as well. Quite embarassing for a grown adult but why should I be able to yell while ds1 Isnt? It only took me a few times before I learned my lesson. And I tell you what ds1 has responded positively - it is much easier to call him down and get him to stop yelling/tantruming now that I don't yell.

Hang in there mumma xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So much good advice here.

I agree that you've got to find something that works for you and your child, for me it was the 1-2-3 Magic method which got me through a rough patch when DD was just turning 3, and we still use it. The other thing I sometimes do is calmly walk away or turn my back when she's tantruming, it really does work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (25-07-2015)

Similar Threads

1. My toddlers are driving my crazy! *Vent*
    By tubster in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-11-2014, 16:58
  2. What is the norm in your street/ neighbourhood?
    By babycake in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 16:06
  3. Does anyone else feel this way? VENT
    By Kiplusthree in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 19:40