+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    No. I will be doing the same.
    I know that FIL is really afraid of needles, and H tried to reason me out of it but no way. I will tell them at 8 months that I want everyone up to date with vaccines before holding the baby, or they are not to come near him/her until he/she has had his/her vaccines.
    Oh my FIL infuriates me. When we had our first son 2 years ago he kept putting it off. Then he'd say "oh but i had the flu shot isn't that good enough"
    He didn't end up getting it til AFTER our son was born (and I'm still not convinced he actually got it). I was so angry but so timid i never said anything.
    This time I'm very outspoken with the in laws. FIL has not spoken to us in a year which suits me just fine, now just wish MIL would ping off. She acts like my babies are hers. She ignores me all the time. Being a smoker she doesn't cover up or put her hair up unless asked EVERY SINGLE TIME. This time I'm telling her t&c beforehand once and once only

2. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and baby will be home for the first 6 weeks except for dr appts. Maybe one or two outings but that will depend on if i have to have a repeat csection. With our first son we rarely went out due to horrid recovery from csection.
    Hubby will be taking ds1 to daycare, i will have to after 4 weeks but it's family daycare and i know they are all vaccinated and the parents are really good about not sending their kids in sick. Still won't be exposing bub to the kids until after the 6 week needles.
    I am considerably more concerned about wc this time because of the huge rise in cases.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-07-2015),DT75  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Oh my FIL infuriates me. When we had our first son 2 years ago he kept putting it off. Then he'd say "oh but i had the flu shot isn't that good enough"
    He didn't end up getting it til AFTER our son was born (and I'm still not convinced he actually got it). I was so angry but so timid i never said anything.
    This time I'm very outspoken with the in laws. FIL has not spoken to us in a year which suits me just fine, now just wish MIL would ping off. She acts like my babies are hers. She ignores me all the time. Being a smoker she doesn't cover up or put her hair up unless asked EVERY SINGLE TIME. This time I'm telling her t&c beforehand once and once only
    Yeah, FIL will refuse or lie. He's not a bad man just terrified of needles. I get it but my baby comes first. I'm not going to force him to get them but if he doesn't he can't hold the baby, that's it. I will not be swayed on it.
    H thinks I'm being unreasonable so I have spent the last 4 days sending him links of the damage it can do.
    I'm getting my wc vax at 28 weeks, H will get it then too. The kids' mum will likely agree that they will get theirs too (they got it as newborns but haven't had it done again- she was planning to do it next year anyway). My aunt and her husband, got theirs last year when a friend requested it.
    So it's just MIL (I would be surprised if she wasn't up to date actually), FIL, BIL, BIL's wife, and BIL's daughter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It worries me that there is a shortage of the whooping cough vaccine! Unavailable from the supplier. Some people have been waiting a few months for it at the pharmacy I work. With all the hype about the importance it is frustrating for it not to be available.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

DT75  (07-07-2015)