+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    I know a couple of sahm's who received Ccb and ccr and weren't studying or looking for work. I don't think it's something they check up on very often.
    I'm thinking at the time she applied maybe she met the test, but now doesn't be hasn't realised. I don't think they even check whether you're doing anything either, pretty sure it's just a box you tick! Seems so silly they are trying to make further cuts to family taxes as opposed to policing people receiving payments they shouldn't. Surely that would save just as much? Doesn't help their staff have no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I receive this for being a carer of one of my other children. So the child who is in care does not have a disability but I still receive ccr as I am a carer to my other child who has a disability.
    I have also received it while on Mat leave in the past too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBH View Post
    I'm thinking at the time she applied maybe she met the test, but now doesn't be hasn't realised. I don't think they even check whether you're doing anything either, pretty sure it's just a box you tick! Seems so silly they are trying to make further cuts to family taxes as opposed to policing people receiving payments they shouldn't. Surely that would save just as much? Doesn't help their staff have no idea!
    Yeah I'd say they just filled in the form, ticked yes to looking for work or studying ( how can they check that) then got approved. I don't think c/link check on these things much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You are eligible for rebate if you are a carer.

Maybe she's mixed it up with the child care benefit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

ChelleBH  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was made redundant last year in July so it's going to be interesting as I was looking for work then decided to start my own business so I think I still qualify. Normally it gets paid in a lump sum in August so I have my fingers crossed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I was made redundant last year in July so it's going to be interesting as I was looking for work then decided to start my own business so I think I still qualify. Normally it gets paid in a lump sum in August so I have my fingers crossed.
    I just clicked on the link and apparently you qualify if you're self employed Luv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I just clicked on the link and apparently you qualify if you're self employed Luv
    I'm just starting up my business and it doesn't yet produce an income but I think I still qualify. Thanks for the support. A years worth of ccr would go a long way. Just applying for jobs took 2 days a week answering all that selection criteria. When have you resolved an issue... When did your team manage a difficult time bla bla bla.. I would fight it if I don't get it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-07-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I'm just starting up my business and it doesn't yet produce an income but I think I still qualify. Thanks for the support. A years worth of ccr would go a long way. Just applying for jobs took 2 days a week answering all that selection criteria. When have you resolved an issue... When did your team manage a difficult time bla bla bla.. I would fight it if I don't get it.
    Yeah its irrelevant of income (unless your income is too high). Starting up a business takes a lot of work with little rewards, I'm sure you would qualify. Though it needs to be for 15+ hours a week (inc. any study & looking for work).

It would be very hard to police. Especially if you do a combination of part time study and casual work. Though my study is supposed to be for 20+ hours a week but its almost completely autonomous. How do you prove that? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just updating for those following. My CCR Came in today. It was automatic. I haven't even done tax returns yet. Very happy. I was looking for work and then set up a little business from home that's not yet earning an income. Very happy

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-08-2015),JustJaq  (04-08-2015),WannaBMummy82  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default CCR for non working parents

That's good to know @lilypily