+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Success Stories

I am sure I am not the only one on Bub hub going through IVF for the first ever time it's exciting and overwhelming and nerve racking plus a load of other emotions rolled in to one....was wondering if people could share there success stories to give us newbies inspiration....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkle18 For This Useful Post:

emby79  (07-07-2015),fingerscrossed2015  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's definitely a roller coaster and easy to get bogged down with stories of people going through multiple attempts but there are lots of success stories out there.

I have a 19 month old son who was conceived using IVF on my first attempt, I got 12 eggs which all fertilised and still have 8 frozen embryos. I now also have a 10 day old baby who was conceived naturally. So stay strong, it can happen first time around. Good luck. X

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),emby79  (07-07-2015),Irinko  (29-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sparkle
    We started TTC 3.5 years ago . After the first year of no success we started seeing DRs. started with timed intercourses went on to IUI multiple cycles. nothing seemed to work. switched Drs and more tests later found my amh was low for my age and dh had high dna fragmentation . They still suggested IUI. After one more failed IUI with the new Dr we opted for IVF. first cycle I was very optimistic felt really good about the whole thing. 5 eggs 2 fertilised and transferred. They were both very good quality. but bfn. second cycle again 2 transferred egg were good quality. bfn. third I lost hope. I had started to mentally prepare for adoption already. again 5 eggs but average quality. I totally lost hope when I heard average quality. I went for my beta just for formality. but got a bfp. so yes it's a long bumpy road for some but you have to ride it out. I now have a 6 week old daughter and the entire journey of lows is all worth it. Sometimes it does really happen when u don't expect. The important thing is to persevere. All the best ☺

Sent from my GT-I9192 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeingPositive For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),Grace0908  (02-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story wouldn't exactly be inspirational to a first-timer, but here goes anyway... My DH is Azoo, which means he produces no sperm at all anymore, so after two terrible stim cycles (only one egg fertilised each time) using very bad quality sperm that he had frozen several years earlier when attempting IVF with his ex-wife, we moved on to anonymous donor sperm. But then our third cycle raised doubts about my egg quality, as we still only had two eggs fertilise... They both kept going til day 5, but the embies lagged wayyy behind. I had a morula transferred and a day 6 blasty frozen. BFN of course. So we stimmed again, this time using a different donor so that we could make sure it wasn't just a situation of "incompatible" eggs and sperm. Once again, only two eggs fertilised, and only one of them made it to day 5, and again it was only a morula. I was beyond devestated, and started looking for an egg donor online (I actually found one with relative ease, surprisingly). Anyway, I told my FS that I wanted one last go with my eggs, throwing everything we could at it, and if the results were better then previous cycles, then I wouldn't give up on my eggs just yet. I went on DHEA for 3 months, as well as other supplements, did acupuncture, and in the meantime did an FET with my crappy little day 6 blasty, which did actually implant, but barely... my hcg was only 6, lol. Then we did the big stim cycle. 600iu Gonal F (maximum dose) and Saizen injections (growth hormone). I ended up with 15 eggs at EPU, all mature. My previous best was 7 mature! I was excited enough by that, but then I found out the next day that 10 had fertilised. I got the phone call in the middle of JB HiFi, and it was all I could do to not squeal at the top of my lungs, lol. Come transfer day, 5 embies were still going, so I had the best 2 blasties (!!) transferred, 2 others frozen, and one that got watched overnight and was frozen on day 6.

Just before and for the few days after transfer, I did everything I could think of that might help them stick, even silly things like a big run and a glass of wine the night before transfer, lol. I sat on the couch with my feet up as much as I could for the following 2-3 days. At 3dp5dt, at around 9:30am, I had around ten seconds of INTENSE AF-type cramping, so strong that as I was chatting to DH I actually had to stop talking and breathe through it. I knew then that something was up. I tested the next day (I always start POAS at the equivalent of 9dpo), and it looked like the faintest line ever came up in the first minute or two, but then faded and was gone. I tested again the next morning, and the same thing happend.... but it didn't fade. OMG. This was the real deal. I spent the next few days frantically POAS and comparing the lines... it was very stressful, as I was convinced it was going to be a chemical, but it was so much fun too. I'm an HPT addict, you see. Anyway, my betas all came back with great doubling rates, and a scan at 5w5d showed a tiny little blob, and it actually had a very slow HB which my FS said would have only just started. He told us we probably wouldn't see one at all, so that was fabulous. Very surreal, as you can imagine. It took a very long time to convince myself that it was a viable pregnancy, I don't think I started believing it til the second tri.

Our beautiful DS is 16 months old today and the light of our lives. And I am heading back to my clinic in Sept for a DET of my two frozen day 5s... they probably won't work, but I'm still really excited to just give them a chance!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Irinko  (29-07-2015),Lillac  (07-09-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH had 100% sperm anti bodies which also causes low motility. The anti bodies covered head mid and tails so we really didn't have any choice but IVF with icsi.
    We had our first stim cycle on 150 puregon. I didn't get many follicles. Had 2 dominant but they would only collect with min 3. Had good estrogen levels though. We put off trigger for a few days to let follicles grow and at EPU got 5 eggs. I was disheartened as it didn't sound very good but 4 fertilized and 3 made it to day 5. 1 compacting balstocyst and 2 early blasts. We transferred the one and grew the other 2 an extra day to meet freezing quality requirements. Luckily one was hatching and one fully compacted by day 6 and could bother frozen.

Unfortunately my fresh transfer failed and I started bleeding early only 5 days after transfer. I Thot I had low progesterone levels and had all this tested during my first FET. I didn't really have any symptoms during the 2ww and was so shocked I got a bfp!! So miracles can happen! Goodluck in your IVF journey and hope its a short one xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has CAVD (he's missing the vas deferens) so we found out after a SA and a biopsy. Luckily he still produces sperm and they were able to extract enough to freeze.

My first cycle (down reg) was cancelled prior to egg collection as my estrogen was low.

My second cycle (antagonist) went well and we managed to get 5 eggs, 4 fertilised and we transferred a blastocyst on Day 5. That's my 2yo DD!

Unfortunately none made it to freeze so we're in another cycle now and going in for egg collection tomorrow. I have about 19 good looking follicles (biggest was 22mm yesterday) so hoping to get some great mature eggs and maybe we might get some to freeze this time!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a lovely thread! My hubby had a vasectomy 15 years ago, so the first step was having that reversed.

He had a great sperm count return though motility was very low, so after trying naturally for a year we saw a FS and were advised that Ivf ICSI would be our best option.

I did an assessment cycle and then one round of ivf ICSI, of which I am now 10.5 weeks pregnant, and feeling extremely blessed! xx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),caketin  (04-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread @Sparkle18 - I love reading people's success stories! Helps keep me going

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),Chooky79  (04-07-2015),Corbes  (04-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Grace0908  (04-07-2015),MsViking  (05-07-2015),Sparkle18  (18-07-2015),Tanej78  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, I don't know about you but you don't often see anywhere that has the positive stories so it's nice to read them and give us hope. Thanks to all who have replied to the thread so far and shared theirs 😊

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkle18 For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (04-07-2015),Chooky79  (04-07-2015),Grace0908  (04-07-2015),Tanej78  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just been reading everyone's success stories and they give me hope. DH and I are starting our first round of ivf in September due to unexplained Infertility. We are both nervous and excited at the same time :-) congratulations to you all on your miracle bundles, we hope to have ours soon xo

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterflybabe For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (04-07-2015),emby79  (08-07-2015),Sparkle18  (04-07-2015)